Christmas Eve is just a few hours away and my question is, are you prepared and do you have a clue of what to make for your guests? If you’re like me and don’t have much time to plan, you’ll appreciate these last minute ideas. There are a few dishes you can’t miss on having at your dinner party. So today I’m going to give you a hint on the best recipes you can make on this special holiday. Let’s take a look at some of the best ideas for Christmas Eve dinner.
Table of Contents
Christmas Eve dinner ideas: What dishes to prepare?
Cooking for Christmas Eve can become your favorite thing to do for the holidays, if you’re prepared enough and know what you’re doing. Of course, we want to bring family comfort and the Christmas spirit to our meals. What are the dishes that will help make that happen? You are about to find out! In my opinion you need something super tasty, easy to make and something that will appeal to everyone in your family. Let’s jump in to the best recipes that you can make for Christmas Eve!
Short ribs beef recipe
If you have to turn to someone for a recipe for the holidays, try the delicious food guru Gordon Ramsay? He’s one of the professional chefs with lots of experience and endless recipes for the perfect meal. I love his passion when cooking food and his precision. For Christmas Eve, you can make these ribs that have all the perfect flavors brought together in them. They will go amazingly with the Christmas cocktails that you can serve. Juicy, and melt-in-the-mouth, they will leave your guests satisfied. Check out the ingredients list that you can copy directly when going to the grocery store.
- olive oil for frying
- 6 thick-cut meaty beef short ribs
- 1 large head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- a bottle of red whine 750 ml
- 1 l beef stock
- 150g pancetta lardons
- 250g small chestnut mushrooms
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped flat leaves of parsley to garnish
Ideas for Christmas Eve dinner: Green bean casserole
I know that the green bean casserole is considered a Thanksgiving dish, however it is so easy to make and so delicious that I make it on Christmas Eve as well. It includes not more than 4 ingredients, and you can make it when your guests arrive, since it will not take more than 15 minutes. Like that they can enjoy it while it is still hot from the oven. It is perfect if you are looking for a casual Christmas Eve menu ideas. Check out the ingredients and how to prepare it!
- 2 cans of green beans
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup (110 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 can French fried onions
- Preheat your oven to 375 F (180 C).
- Drain the green beans and put them in a microwave-safe bowl. Pour in the mushroom soup and mix well until combined. Sprinkle the chopped garlic and mix again.
- Microwave for about 5 minutes.
- Now sprinkle the Cheddar cheese on top and microwave for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Move the beans into a casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the fried onions and bake for about 10 minutes.
Strawberry pretzel salad
You think this is a simple strawberry salad? Think again! This recipe is an absolute hit and for a reason. Not only is it delicious, it’s easy to make and very trendy. It will complement your festive Christmas dinner perfectly. You want Christmas dinner ideas? I think this is the ideal recipe to make for your family and guests. The famous combination between sweet and salty is what makes this dish remarkable! Normally, it is made in the form of a dessert that looks like a cheesecake, however today we are making it deconstructed. Let’s see how to make this deliciousness!
- 1 cup (250 g) crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped pecans
- 3/4 (165 g) brown sugar
- 3/4 (165 g) melted butter
- 3 cups (600 g) strawberries (diced)
- 7 ounces (190 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 (100 g) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 (100 g) whipped cream
- In a large bowl mix the pecans, pretzels, brown sugar, cinnamon and the melted butter. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a large baking sheet. Bake for about 5-6 minutes on 400 F (200 C). Once it’s ready, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Once the mixture cools off, break it into small pieces.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar and the vanilla extract. Add the whipped cream and mix everything really well. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrapper and put in the fridge.
- Right before serving the dessert, add the diced strawberries and pretzel mixture into the cream cheese bowl. Mix everything together.
- Serve in small bowls and garnish with lime zest if you want.
Ideas for Christmas Eve dinner decoration
Of course, your dinner will not be complete without some Christmas decoration! Make sure to decorate your table according to your house aesthetics and make it fit the entire ambiance. You can check out how to fold your napkins so that they can look perfect for Christmas Eve. I would recommend putting a wreath with a candle as your centerpiece.