How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning – Try These 9 Proven Methods That Really Work!
Puffiness under the eyes usually appears after waking up in the morning. Usually this is not something to worry about, but if the condition persists for a long time, this can be a signal for a health problem. Do you want to know how to get rid of puffy eyes in the morning quickly and easily? Here are 9 proven methods that really work!
Table of Contents
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning – Identify the Cause of the Problem
- How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning with Cold Spoons?
- Apply a Cold Compress
- Use Chilled Cucumber Slices to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning
- Apply Tea Bags on Puffy Eyes
- Prepare Potato Juice Mask to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
- Massage with an Eye Roller
- Gentle Hand Massage
- Drink Enough Water to Stay Hydrated
- Include Potassium Rich Foods to Your Daily Menu
How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning – Identify the Cause of the Problem
Why are my eyes puffy when I wake up? There are many reasons for that. Let’s see what causes puffy eyes.
- Stress and crying – Being under stress for a long time often leads us to tears, respectively – to a high blood pressure. This overstrains the eye muscles, which leads to puffiness.
- Lack of rest when working on the computer or using gadgets for a long time is another reason for waking up with puffy eyes.
- Excessive salt intake, which causes fluid retention.
- Unbalanced diet, drinking alcohol, consuming spicy or smoked foods also leads to puffy eyes.
- Fatigue and lack of sleep – Problems with sleep like night work, constant lack of sleep, insomnia or other disturbances.
- Allergies can cause inflammation and swelling resulting in puffy eyes.
- Diseases – if you sleep and eat normally and still wakeup with puffy eyes, make sure to consult your doctor for possible eye disease or problems with internal organs.
How to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning with Cold Spoons?
One of the most popular beauty hacks for puffy eyes is to use cold spoons. This will help relieving the puffiness because low temperatures constrict blood vessels and reduce inflammation in that area. Place two clean teaspoons in the freezer for 5 minutes and then press the back of the spoons against the areas under your eyes for a few minutes.
Apply a Cold Compress
You can apply ice or a cold water compress. Take a towel, put some ice cubes in it and hold it under your eyes for 5-10 minutes. If ice is too cold for you, just wet a towel with cold water and hold it on your puffy eyes. Optionally, you can use whatever you have available in the freezer – frozen vegetables, for example.
Use Chilled Cucumber Slices to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes in the Morning
This is one of the oldest beauty hacks. Cucumbers have high water content which makes them an excellent under eye cold compress. Simply refrigerate a cucumber, slice it and then apply the slices under your eyes. If you wonder how to get rid of puffy eyes in the morning instantly, use chilled cucumber slices.
Apply Tea Bags on Puffy Eyes
Green and black tea can work miracles for puffy eyes. Thanks to the caffeine and tannins content, tea bags can help in reducing swelling and inflammation. Place the bags in warm water and then chill them in the fridge. Then place them over the eyes for 20 to 30 minutes.
Prepare Potato Juice Mask to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes
Potato juice is rich in Vitamin C. To prepare the mask, grate a potato and squeeze to extract the juice. Soak cotton pads in the juice and place them under your eyes. Leave the pads for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Massage with an Eye Roller
Massaging the eye area with an eye roller can also help reduce the puffiness in the morning. This tool is quite effective in dealing with swelling and inflammation due to its ability to improve blood circulation.
Gentle Hand Massage
If you don’t have an eye roller, you can massage the area around your eyes with your fingers. Such massage stimulates the lymphatic drainage. Make light, pressing movements to reduce the puffiness.
Drink Enough Water to Stay Hydrated
To prevent swelling, you need to drink enough water. Dehydration is one of the causes of puffiness under the eyes. Hydrated skin is healthy skin, so make sure to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day.
Include Potassium Rich Foods to Your Daily Menu
If your body retains water, potassium can help as it reduces the excessive body fluids. What foods are high in potassium? Yogurt, beans, bananas, oranges, raisins, dates – all of these should be added to your meal plan.