What’s the Best Face Skin Care after 50? Food, Beauty Routine and More!
After a certain age, having beautiful, radiant skin certainly becomes a difficult task given the loss of collagen and elasticity. Don’t panic, because there are a number of steps you can take to improve your appearance and give it a youthful glow. So, what’s the best face skin care after 50? Today I reveal the essential routine of every self-respecting woman.
Table of Contents
What to Eat to Have Beautiful Skin after 50?
Cosmetic products are an excellent ally in the fight against aging skin, I agree. However, there are other factors that should not be taken lightly and which, in combination with anti-aging products, can significantly improve your complexion. You’ve probably already guessed: I’m talking about food and physical activity. So, before we move on to the specific skincare products you can incorporate into your daily routine, I’d like to start by telling you about the skin-enhancing foods you can use to regenerate your skin from the inside out. The credit goes to the high content of antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals. These are considered one of the causes of tissue aging, accelerating the appearance of wrinkles. Here’s an overview of the foods we recommend:
- Red berries and other berries: Packed with antioxidants, these fruits purify the skin while pampering the digestive system thanks to their high fiber content.
- Dark green vegetables: Think broccoli, spinach and kale. In addition to being rich in antioxidants, these vegetables also contain several vitamins and minerals essential for good skin health.
- Avocado: An excellent source of vitamin E and C, avocado promotes the vitality and luminosity of the skin while stimulating the production of collagen.
- Carrots, tomatoes and oranges: These three foods should also be favored, as they contain beta-carotene. It is known for repairing cells damaged by the sun.
- Omega-3: Salmon, sardines, avocados… foods rich in these fatty acids can regenerate the skin.
Another very important habit is to drink water every day, so that the body can function better and the skin becomes more elastic. Finally, physical activity helps to eliminate toxins.
Which Products to Choose at 50?
When it comes to face skin care after 50, it is crucial to make the right choice of cosmetic products. To do so, it’s essential to know which must-have active ingredients help fight wrinkles:
- Hyaluronic acid: This molecule hydrates the skin and fills in wrinkles.
- Retinol: Anti-aging active par excellence, retinol is known for smoothing wrinkles, tightening pores and encouraging the production of collagen and elastin. However, it has a drawback: sensitive skin may not tolerate it given its somewhat irritating nature. Use it gradually and don’t forget to protect your face with SPF afterwards.
- Vitamin C: Found in many facial care products, vitamin C offers a number of benefits for the skin. Revived complexion, collagen production, fight against oxidative stress, etc.
What’s the Best Face Skin Care after 50? The Routine to Follow!
For radiant, rejuvenated skin, it’s crucial to follow a few simple steps. Find out more here:
- Cleanse mature skin morning and evening
Whatever your age, this is the most important step in your beauty routine. It is practiced morning and evening and involves washing the face well to remove impurities and sebum. Avoid soap and hot water at all costs as they can dry out the skin and strip it of its natural oils. Instead, use a gentle cleanser adapted to your skin type.
- Apply serum
Particularly concentrated in active ingredients, serums offer fairly deep care and are always applied to clean skin. Certainly, a cosmetic product to be favored after 50 years of age. Always choose a serum suited to your skin type and needs.
- Day and night cream
With age, skin begins to lose water and you must compensate for this with day and night moisturizers. You always choose them according to your skin type and according to the anti-aging active ingredients. Whether morning or evening, creams are applied just after the serum, using gentle movements without rubbing.
Good to know: Always use a cream with SPF50 protection. The sun’s rays will further age your skin, so it’s essential to protect it well.
- Face mask and scrub
In addition to the obligatory steps mentioned above, some additional care is necessary to better pamper and regenerate your skin. The market (and especially at Sephora) is full of anti-aging masks enriched with antioxidants which will contribute to cell renewal. The same is true for scrubs. However, I recommend that you prepare a scrub for mature skin using natural ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboard.
- The lifting massage
Finally, treat yourself to a good anti-wrinkle facial massage to increase blood flow, improve circulation and strengthen the skin. Face rollers are your best allies.