Easy Cauliflower Meatballs with Tahini Sauce: THE Vegetarian Recipe That Everyone Will Love!
It doesn’t matter whether we want to eat healthier or lose some weight – vegetables should be included in our daily menu. Cauliflower meatballs are super quick and easy to make. All you need to do is mix the ingredients in a bowl and shape “the balls”.
Table of Contents
How to Make Cauliflower Meatballs?
Vegetables are not only super healthy, but also taste incredibly good. For example, cauliflower is a versatile vegetable. You can use it to make cauliflower rice or steaks, it can be a side dish for fish, meat or poultry, it can be the main ingredient in a soup, casserole, etc.
Whether as a small snack in between, for a light low-carb dinner or even as party finger food – you should definitely try our recipe for cheesy cauliflower meatballs!
Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 1 large head cauliflower, divided into florets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (Cheddar or mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
For tahini sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
Directions for Preparing Cheesy Cauliflower Meatballs:
- In a bowl mix all the tahini sauce ingredients and stir. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender and allow to cool down to room temperature. Drain any excess moisture, add salt, ¼ teaspoon of the seasoning and mash until smooth.
- Add the Cheddar cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese to the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- In a separate, medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining ¼ teaspoon of seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, begin forming balls with the cauliflower mixture.
- Roll each ball in the bread crumb mixture and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve the cauliflower meatballs with tahini sauce.