How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs Without Mold? Super Easy Recipe
Can you make hot chocolate bombs without a mold? Will you still be able to get a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing shape?
Baby, it’s cold outside, and one of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to warm up with a hot drink in your hand by the fireplace, covered with a blanket while listening to some smooth jazz or lo-fi beats. And no other drink sparks a cozy mood like a mouth-watering hot chocolate, right? Why not make some delicious hot chocolate bombs without a mold that you can even enjoy later? And use them as gifts as well!
Table of Contents
How to Make Hot Chocolate Bombs Without Mold?
If you are often scrolling through TikTok and Instagram, you must have noticed this chocolaty trend exploding all over! Hot chocolate bombs are edible forms of melted chocolate filled with a hot cocoa mix, small marshmallows, and often sprinkles. Once you drop them into warm milk, they crack open, releasing their tasty goodness, creating the perfect hot cocoa drink. How can you resist them? Let’s make some of our own! And even without a mold!
Easy Hot Chocolate Bombs Without Mold Recipe
With this easy recipe, you won’t need a silicone mold to create luxurious-looking hot chocolate bombs! And once you create them, you can even gift your perfect mouth-watering creations as heartwarming DIY gifts for Christmas 2023 if you’ve missed someone on your list! How does that sound? Here is what you will need:
- High-quality melting chocolate chips
- Hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Empty Kinder egg Joy
- Sprinkles, white chocolate, nuts for decoration (optional)
- Paper cupcake liners to store
How to make the hot chocolate bombs without a mold:
- Start by placing 5 chocolate chips each in both parts of the empty plastic egg.
- Put them in the microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds, while stirring with a toothpick every 15 seconds.
- Once all the chocolate chips are melted, twist your eggs until the chocolate completely covers everything evenly.
- Put the coated plastic eggs in the freezer for a few minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the freezer and gently pull on the sides to release the edges of the chocolate, and then just push from the back.
- You should now have beautiful, smooth chocolate molds! Fill one side of the egg with the hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows.
- In a plate, melt some additional chocolate to dip the empty part of the egg chocolate mold so you can stick it to the filled one.
- Create a seal with your finger to secure the hot chocolate bomb.
- Top with anything else you would like, like white melted chocolate, sprinkles, nuts, etc.
- Place finished hot chocolate bombs in paper cupcake liners.
- To serve, heat up 1 cup of milk for each chocolate bomb over a stove or in microwave. Insert bomb and stir after it starts to melt. Enjoy!
- Store chocolate bombs in their cupcake liners in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.