Easy DIY Fruit Candle Holder Tutorials with Apples & Oranges
How to make a DIY fruit candle holder? What fruit can you use for this craft?
In my opinion, the decorations that you make yourself are always the best ones! And nothing else puts you in that festive holiday mood than creating beautiful embellished pieces to celebrate the coming of Christmas! If you are looking for easy ideas to make during the weekend, roll up your sleeves and create a charming DIY fruit candle holder with the help of our tutorials!
Table of Contents
How to Make a DIY Fruit Candle Holder for Christmas?
You might have enjoyed decorating candle jars for fall, but now is time to prepare ourselves for the winter holidays! A DIY fruit candle holder is the next best thing, as this craft is again very budget-friendly, requires little crafting time and even beginner crafters can make lovely decorations. The best fruits to use for this craft are apples and oranges, so make sure you stock up on some before beginning this craft. You can also enjoy this craft as a joyful family activity to take part in with your children. Read below for the two separate tutorials with each fruit.
How Do You Make Apple Candle Holders?
Why not start with the apple candle holder? Here is what you will need to make these charming decorations:
- Fresh, firm apples
- Sharp knife
- Tea candles
- Decorative pieces (optional)
- Glue (optional)
- Pins (optional)
How to make them:
- Start by placing the tea candle on top of the apple. Take the pen and outline the candle’s size so you know where to cut with the knife later.
- Take the knife and carefully cut away the apple by following the outlines you made with the pen.
- Use the teaspoon to scoop out just enough apple flesh so that the tea candle can fit in. Its top flush to be aligned with the top of the apple.
- Insert the tea candle. Now you can embellish the DIY apple holder as you like. Glue cinnamon sticks, star anise fruits or hawthorn, or stick them into the candle holder with pins. You can use cute ribbons as well to decorate your creations.
DIY Fruit Candle Holder with an Orange
Let’s make a DIY fruit candle holder with an orange, shall we? What you will need:
- Firm oranges
- Sharp knife
- Tea candles
- Star anise fruits
How to make it:
- Start again by outlining with the pen or pencil where you are going to cut with the knife. Use the tea candle as a guideline.
- Cut it out with the sharp knife and use the teaspoon again to scoop out the top layer of pulp.
- Take a toothpick and poke holes into the orange in a decorative pattern you would like.
- Stick star anise fruits and cloves into the holes your made and insert the tea candle.
- Marvel at your wonderful DIY Christmas decoration!
Tip: You can use any of the DIY fruit candle holders you created, either as part of a Christmas table centerpiece or use them as solo players in your decorations.