Ideas for Christmas dinner: What are the recipes that you MUST try this holiday?
I promised that I would count the days left before Christmas every chance I get! There are currently 19 days left, and I feel so excited, as many of you I am sure! Have you already plant your outfits? Did you do the decoration? If you finished with all of these preparations, now we have to think what to make for our dinner on the 25th. If you are hosting this year, you will want to do your best and to make the best possible dishes. Food is something that will ensure the good mood and will make your guests very happy. So what are the best ideas for Christmas dinner dishes? Let’s explore the ideal recipes to try out!
Table of Contents
Ideas for Christmas dinner: What are the top dinner foods?
Every family or household have their traditional dishes and recipes that they make on Christmas. If you want to make something different this year, we got you! From entrées to main dishes and deserts, you can find some inspiration on how to cook the tastiest dishes for your family. Make your Christmas tree snack board and prepare for the best dinner you will have yet. Let’s find what are the must-try recipes this holiday!
Ideas for Christmas dinner: Bourbon roasted ham with cherries
You cannot miss on the delicious ham this year! Everybody will be waiting to have a bite of this juicy dish. This time we are going to use bourbon and cherries to roasted and achieve this remarkable taste! Check out the ingredients!
Ingredients for the ham:
- one 7 pound (3 kg) bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- salt to taste
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cherry jam
- 1/3 cup (70 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bourbon
- 1/2 orange
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
How to make the glaze:
Prepare your sauce pan and add all the ingredients and cook them over medium heat until they simmer. Let them simmer for about 11 to 12 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat. Let it cook and keep in mind that the glaze will thicken when it cools off completely.
How to cook the ham:
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (180 °C). While your glaze is cooling off, prepare your ham. Cover it will all of the ingredients using your hands. Make sure the ham is coated evenly with everything. Place it in an aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham carefully from the oven and remove the foil as well. Grab the glaze, use 1/2 to cover the entire ham.
- Increase the temperature of the oven a bit and bake for another 15 minutes. Check if it looks already caramelized, if not bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest. After that cover it with the rest of the glaze.
- Transfer it to the platter and slices it or serve it as it is. You can use cherries, rose merry or orange slices to garnish.
Holiday roasted vegetables for your Christmas dinner
Are you wondering what will go perfectly with your roasted ham? This is the ideal recipe! It is not only healthy, but also full of flavors and deliciousness! The holiday roasted vegetables are very easy to prepare and if you have a vegan in your family, they will really appreciate you making this! Here are the ingredients!
- 1 lb (450 g) brussels sprouts
- 3 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- fresh thyme and rosemary to taste
- 1 big shallot
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup (50 g) pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 °F (220 °C). Cut the brussels sprouts and the carrots.
- Place them on a baking sheet and add the maple syrup, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and toss them well, so they are coated with spices evenly.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle it over the carrots and brussels sprouts.
- Put them in the oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the shallot into large pieces.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and add the shallot, garlic and the pecans.
- Put everything back in the oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
Easy Christmas dessert recipe with few ingredients: Chocolate fudge
You are probably going to be tired with all the festive preparations, so the desert should be easy to make and to require only a few ingredients. The chocolate fudge recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry, but still want to present something delicious to your guests. How to make it? Keep on reading to find out!
- 1 whole can sweeten condensed milk
- 2 cups (320 g) chocolate chips (not too sweet)
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt to sprinkle on top
- Grab a square pan and spray it with cooking spray. Place a baking sheet on top of it.
- Place the chocolate chips and the condensed milk together in a bowl. Microwave for about 2 minutes on high. Let it cool for one minuted and then mix well until fully combined. The chocolate chips should be completely melted.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well again. You can add any pecans or walnuts if you like.
- Pour the mixture into the square pan. Sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- Put the pan in the fridge for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove it from the fridge and make sure it is completely cooled. Cut it into square pieces and serve. You can store it in the refrigerator.
How to decorate your table?
Knowing how to decorate your table for the holiday, will definitely help you with the ideal Christmas dinner. You can arrange the table with Christmas napkins, make a lantern centerpiece from a jar with fairy lights, put a wreath with candles and many other ideas for Christmas dinner table. Let your imagination run wild and bring the Christmas spirit! The decoration will make even the simplest dishes look like they were cooked by a professional chef!