Party food recipes challenge the creativity of every housewife. Those who love to entertain, will find some amazing salad in a glass recipes and great ideas for the presentation of appetizers. Salads, served in a glass are elegantly portioned snacks.
In French cuisine such appetizers, served in a small glass container are called verrines. For serving, you can use glasses and other similar glass containers. The key point here is precisely the container, which gave the name to the dish, because verrine in French means glass. This dish appeared in the Michelin restaurants as a snack, a French aperitif, but rather quickly became a fashion trend all over the world. For preparing verrines you need to choose and combine ingredients and arrange them in layers. Tableware for verrine should be with a wide neck, as a rule, these are glasses or containers with a volume of 50-200 ml. As a decoration on the edge of the glass, you can hang a slice of lemon, olive, small shrimp or just a sprig of greenery. Verrines can be a dessert as well. As a dessert option, it is customary to serve fruit salads, but as we all know, there is no limit to creativity and imagination.
Table of Contents
- Salad in a glass – a modern and elegant way to present food
- Greek salad in a shot glasses
- Vegetarian salad in a glass recipe – Dill dip and vegetables
- Salad in a glass recipes – Low carb salad in a glass
- Salad in glass recipes – salmon, shrimps, avocado and fresh cheese appetizer
- Kiwi and Shrimp Cocktail – elegant appetizers in a glass
- Salad in a glass recipes – Quick smoked salmon and avocado sauce appetizer
- Herring in cream sauce salad recipe
- Dirty Martini salad in a glass recipe
- Easy and quick 5 minute salad in a glass recipe
- Salad in a glass recipes – Tuna, mango and cucumber
- Potatoes, cucumber and shrimp salad recipe
- Zucchini goat cheese and radish salad recipe
Salad in a glass – a modern and elegant way to present food
Salads served to the guest in portions in a glass or ice-cream bowl look original and even more appetizing. Salads in a glass can be served for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving, Easter, wedding reception, family celebrations, even for a romantic dinner. Unlike a dish served in salad bowl, verrines show the guests a delicious multi-colored rainbow of various components. These appetizers may include vegetables, fish, sea food, poultry, meat, etc.
It is not difficult to prepare salad in a glass. You need to prepare the necessary ingredients (boil, chop), lay them in layers, add spices, dressing and decorate. In the classic version of this dish, the ingredients are stacked in a glass in layers, and the dressing or sauce is placed on top. However, you can serve already seasoned salad. Depending on the recipe, salads in glasses are served immediately or after a while, when the ingredients have absorbed the aromas. Check out the recipes below and get inspired for your next party!
Greek salad in a shot glasses
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced
- 6 oz (170 g) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 Cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Mint or dill
- Lemon juice
- Finely chop cucumber, and spoon into shot glasses.
- Top with a crumbled feta cheese, cherry tomato pieces and a small mint leaf or dill sprig.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice on top.
Vegetarian salad in a glass recipe – Dill dip and vegetables
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 carrots
- 400 g cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 celery stalks
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, shallot, parsley and dill weed. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the carrots and celery and cut them in long thin strips.
- Spread the dill dip in shot glasses and add carrot and celery sticks as well as cherry tomatoes on cocktail picks.
Salad in a glass recipes – Low carb salad in a glass
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, finely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked according to package directions and chopped
- 4 whole-wheat croutons, coarsely crushed
- Combine mayonnaise, milk, lemon zest, garlic, and pepper in a bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Layer half the lettuce, half the tomatoes, and half the bacon in four glasses.
- Top with half the mayonnaise mixture.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Salad in glass recipes – salmon, shrimps, avocado and fresh cheese appetizer
- 16 prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- 150 g of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 70 g heavy cream
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- 2 avocados
- 4 drops of Tabasco
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread the shrimp in shot glasses leaving one shrimp to top the verrine.
- In a food processor mix cream cheese, chives, heavy cream, garlic, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Add the avocado, smoked salmon, lime juice and Tabasco and mix for 3 sec.
- Spoon the sauce over the shrimps in the glasses and add the remaining shrimps on top of the sauce.
Kiwi and Shrimp Cocktail – elegant appetizers in a glass
- 20 peeled, cooked, and chilled cocktail shrimp
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves plus a few extra sprigs for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Slice 3 of the kiwi fruit as thinly as possible and line them on the inside of four martini glasses.
- Place yogurt, basil, avocado, the remaining kiwi, lime juice, avocado oil and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the four martini glasses.
- Hang 5 shrimp over the edge of each of the martini glasses with the tail facing out.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Salad in a glass recipes – Quick smoked salmon and avocado sauce appetizer
- 6 to 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 8 sprigs of fresh chives
- 4 sprigs of dill
- For avocado sauce:
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 6-8 drops of Tabasco
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the kernel, then peel it. Mash the flesh with a fork in a soup dish (or robot), and season with a few tablespoons of lime, salt, pepper and a few drops of Tabasco.
- Slice the salmon into thin strips.
- To compose your verrines, start with the avocado sauce and top with salmon.
- Decorate with herbs.
Herring in cream sauce salad recipe
- 6 Pickled Herring fillets, chopped
- 1/2 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups pickled beets, diced
- 1 Cup avocado, diced
- 4 Dill springs for garnish, optional
- In a bowl mix together herring, onions, fennel, sour cream, Dijon mustard, chives, horseradish, lemon juice, and pepper. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Transfer to a container with lid and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from fridge before serving.
- Distribute beets in the bottom of each glass.
- Distribute diced avocado on top of beets.
- Top with herring in cream sauce.
- Garnish with dill sprigs.
- Serve immediately.
Dirty Martini salad in a glass recipe
- 1 medium lemon
- 8 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 8 toothpicks
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 10 oz (280 g) spring mix salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 shallot, halved
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives plus 1/4 cup juice from the jar, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka or additional white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cut half a lemon into eight thin wedges. Thread olives and lemon wedges onto toothpicks for garnishes and set aside.
- Prepare the glasses. Use the other lemon half to moisten the rims of eight martini glasses. Sprinkle salt on a plate and dip the rims of the glasses into the salt.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes, onion and sliced olives among the prepared glasses. Top each with the decoration.
- Combine shallot and olives in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the vinegar, vodka, olive juice and lemon juice and process until blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Divide among eight shot glasses and serve one with each salad.
Easy and quick 5 minute salad in a glass recipe
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 2 oz (60 g) Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz (110 g) Ham
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Boil the eggs in advance.
- Grate the grated cheese, chop the tomatoes, eggs and ham into cubes.
- Place chopped eggs on the bottom.
- Add a layer of mayonnaise.
- Next, add a layer of ham and spoon some mayonnaise.
- Repeat with tomatoes.
- The last layer is grated cheese.
- Decorate with greenery.
Salad in a glass recipes – Tuna, mango and cucumber
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 chopped mango
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans of tuna in olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix honey and lime juice. Set aside.
- Place all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Season the salad and mix again before serving.
Potatoes, cucumber and shrimp salad recipe
- 3 small potatoes
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 8 oz (220 g) shrimps
- 2-3 hard-boiled quail eggs
- 5 oz (140 g) of frozen green peas
- 5 oz (140 g) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. l lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- sprig of parsley or dill
- ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into small cubes, season with salt and pepper.
- Boil the quail eggs for four minutes, drain and place in a bowl of ice water..
- Blanch frozen peas in salted water for 2 minutes, drain in a colander and place in a bowl of ice water.
- Boil the shrimps, season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, leave for 10 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber, cut it in half, remove the core and cut into small cubes, same size as the potatoes.
- Cut the eggs in half.
- Mix mayonnaise with hot sauce. Season the potatoes with 2-3 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- Divide potatoes between the glasses, add peas and some mayonnaise, then shrimps and cucumber cubes.
- Add a spoon of mayonnaise and half an egg. Garnish with parsley or dill.
Zucchini goat cheese and radish salad recipe
- 1 small zucchini
- 6 mint leaves
- 100 g fresh goat cheese
- ½ bunch of radishes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into slices without peeling and cook for 10 minutes in a pan with olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and mix with the mint leaves.
- Mix the fresh goat cheese with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Roughly mix the radishes with a pinch of salt.
- Spread a layer of zucchini, goat cheese and radish.
- Serve chilled.