Honey-Sesame Marinade Tofu Rice Bowl – A Lazy Vegetarian Dish to Try Today!
Finding the time and energy to cook after a long day at work can sometimes feel like a burden. Is it possible to maintain a healthy diet with a busy schedule without having to spend hours on meal prep? The short answer is YES! I recently discovered the convenience of rice bowls, and have been exploring various vegan options. It’s safe to say that they completely changed my dinner-making rituals for the better! This following tofu rice bowl recipe has been my absolute go-to for the last month and I can’t wait for you to try it for yourself!
Tofu Rice Bowl with Sesame and Honey Marinade
A lot of people have a love-hate relationship with tofu which mostly stems from its bland flavor. Once you begin to see its neutral taste as an opportunity for experimentation, that’s when the real fun begins! In fact the secret to enjoying tofu lies in the ability to give it a unique flavor! I promise you, this simple Asian vegetarian recipe will make your taste buds tingle in the best way possible! Here’s how to prepare a delicious bowl of sesame and honey tofu with rice for a mouthwatering soul food meal!
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 30 ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
For the tofu bowl:
- 460 grams of firm tofu
- 1 cup long-grain white or brown rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 15 ml water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 chopped green onion
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix.
- Dice the tofu into small cubes.
- Place the tofu cubes in an airtight container.
- Pour the marinade over the cubes.
- Close the container and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Take a large frying pan and put it on the stove at medium-height heat.
- Add the olive oil and sesame oil to the pan.
- Take out the tofu cubes from the marinade and place them into the pan.
- Cook the tofu for 5 minutes while stirring carefully.
- Add water and cornstarch to the container with the marinade.
- Then, add the vegetable broth and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the stove heat to low and add the new marinade mixture to the pan.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Take a deep plate or a bowl and add rice.
- Place the tofu cubes on top of the rice.
- Add some extra marinade sauce on top.
- Sprinkle sesame seed and chopped green onion.
Read also: Japanese Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe – This Quick and Healthy Dish is a Feast for Your Taste Buds!