What to Do with Overripe Bananas? Here Are 4 Quick And Easy Recipes to Try!
What to do with overripe bananas? Should they be thrown away? Of course not! We give you 4 original recipes to avoid food waste and prepare delicacies that will delight the whole family. Follow us!
Table of Contents
What to Do with Overripe Bananas?
Bananas continue to ripen as they age, eventually becoming brown-skinned. This is the main reason why brown fruits end up in the trash. A bad idea, because there are many ways to use overripe bananas, for example in homemade face mask recipes. Here are our clever recipes to avoid food waste!
Tip: To completely prevent waste, also consider using banana peel as fertilizer to naturally fertilize your plants.
Jam from Overripe Bananas
Here is an easy and quick jam recipe that goes very well with toast or with ice cream! Check out the ingredients below:
- 4 medium bananas
- The juice of 1 lime
- 250ml water
- 200 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First, cut the bananas and put them in a bowl with the lime juice.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. When the sugar syrup begins to bubble, lower the heat, add the cut bananas and mix. Then, add the cinnamon and vanilla.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer. Stir constantly so that the bananas break down and become soft.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Your jam is ready when it becomes thick and golden.
- Remove from the heat, let cool and store in a sterilized jar.
Quick Banana Bread Cake
This gourmet alternative to the famous banana bread allows you to delight your guests in no time! Start by getting the necessary ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 small overripe banana (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
- Take another bowl and whisk together the brown sugar, water, mashed banana, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer to an oiled square pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar and cutting into pieces.
Recipes with Overripe Bananas: Easy Pancakes with Only 2 Ingredients
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- To make these fluffy pancakes, start by mashing the banana with a fork to a pudding consistency.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Heat a little butter or vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and drop in about two tablespoons of batter.
- Cook for about a minute before flipping and continuing to cook for the same amount of time.
- Serve your pancakes with maple syrup, jam or powdered sugar.
Banana Pudding: The Gourmet Dessert to Delight the Whole Family
If you’re still wondering what to do with an overripe banana, check out our latest recipe. Here is the list of ingredients:
- 5 large overripe bananas
- 50g melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 115g sifted flour
- Heat your oven to 180°C and lightly oil a round cake tin.
- Mash the bananas with a fork to obtain a puree.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla extract, sugar, beaten egg and sifted flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is golden brown.
- Serve with cream or vanilla ice cream. Also to be enjoyed as a sweet accompaniment to your morning coffee!