5 Reasons Why Wood Is A Compelling Material For Home Projects
Since ancient times, wood has been a present in the life of man. If you think about it, wood was the only fuel available, labor tools were made of tools as well as furniture and home accessories. Nowadays, with the development of science and technology, many different materials have appeared, yet, they cannot completely replace natural wood and it remains the favorite material for manufacturing numerous items. We shall look at 5 important reasons that make wood a compelling material for home projects.
Table of Contents
Why Wood Is A Compelling Material For Home Projects?
Household items, furniture, flooring or home accessories made of natural wood can make the house look more stylish, attractive and sophisticated. Wood brings nature into the home interior. Why people prefer this material? Here are 5 reasons that make wood a compelling material for home projects!
Wood Is Environmentally Friendly and Safe
Natural wood does not emit toxic substances, so it can be used in any room. As you know, wooden furniture is ideal for children’s rooms and is recommended for people who suffer from allergies or other health problems.
Strength and Reliability
Natural wood in itself is a strong and solid material, respectively, furniture or other products made from wood are widely used in various fields of human activity. There are many home projects with reclaimed or engineered wood and these great ideas demonstrate how you can use it in your home. Many people believe that wood has a special power and energy and is able to have a beneficial effect on a person’s well-being.
Durability is another important advantage of wood as a material for home projects. If properly maintained, your wood flooring or furniture can last for decades.
The noble appearance of natural wood always stands out. Wood species have amazing colors, textures, grain and their beauty is always pleasing to the eye. For example, the range of shades of oak wood includes all tones from pale yellow to yellow-brown, ash wood has a golden texture, birch wood can have a pinkish or milky color.
Wood, as a material, goes well with home interiors in any style. Yes, it is hugely popular for rustic decors, as well as Shabby Chic, Boho, Industrial, and it certainly has its place in modern and contemporary designs. In addition it can be combined with other materials like metal, glass, natural stone, etc.
Wood is a Universal Material for Home Projects – Ideas for Outdoors and Indoors
There are numerous ways to use wood as a material for home projects inside and outside your home. Wooden furniture or decorations look stylish and have a unique character. When you combine these qualities with functionality, then the value of such decor increases significantly. Here is a short list of ideas how to use wood in a variety of projects:
- Wood flooring, ceiling and wall decoration – solid wood flooring, exposed ceiling beams, interior staircases, etc.
- Wood furniture – from simple rustic benches and dining tables to kitchen cabinets, living room and bedroom furniture pieces.
- Home accessories and decorations – from a magnificent fireplace mantle and kitchen countertops to cutting boards, bowls, clothes racks, etc.
- Garden furniture and accessories – wood patio decking, porch swing, comfortable dining sets, arches, trellis, beautiful decorative items – wood will make your outdoor area look beautiful.
Wood Maintenance and Care Tips
Any wooden covering needs care. Whether it is reclaimed wood flooring, a shiplap wall or a piece of furniture, regular maintenance will guarantee not only the beautiful appearance, but the long service life of the material. Here are some important wood maintenance and care tips:
- Wood does not tolerate water and humidity, so make sure you use a damp (not wet) cloth or mop when cleaning floors, wall panels, window casings, etc.
- The floorboard is afraid of high humidity, so you can not use a lot of water when cleaning.
- Remove dust regularly.
- Use non-abrasive products to remove stains from wooden surfaces like floor, deck or kitchen countertop.
- Scratches on the floor or decking or deck boarding can be repaired with special repair oil.