Appetizers for New Year’s party: Easy and tasty appetizer recipes to wow everyone!
We’re just a few weeks away from 2023! If you are about to host a party to ring in the new year, you have probably already started thinking about what delicious and original appetizers to prepare for your guests! You can go for both tried-and-tested New Year’s Eve appetizers, cold or hot, and try new ideas to pleasantly surprise everyone at the table! Of course, we’re here to help you with some great ideas for appetizers for New Year’s party! Keep reading for lots of inspiration!
Table of Contents
Appetizers for New Year’s party – tasty recipes
2023 is the year of the rabbit, as you probably already know! Although New Year’s Eve appetizers don’t have to be related to this, it could be interesting to include even small things on the table that remind of the fluffy animal. A good idea would be to consider snacks of carrots, beetroot, apples, and cucumbers, as the rabbit is a herbivorous animal and loves vegetables. Another option is to simply decorate the delicious appetizers with sprigs of dill, parsley or other herbs that suit the rabbit’s preferences! Now let’s focus on our delicious suggestions for appetizers for New Year’s party! Let’s get started!
Tartlets with smoked salmon and avocado
Our first irresistible appetizer suggestion includes smoked salmon, avocado and fresh green herbs. Make delicious tartlets to wow everyone at the New Year’s Eve party! These appetizers are quick and easy to make, but we’re sure they’ll disappear in minutes once you place them on the table! Prepare a larger quantity!
- 7 oz (200g) smoked salmon, sliced
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 2 avocados
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp small fresh dill sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) with a fan and prepare a muffin pan.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles of puff pastry that should be wider than each opening of the muffin pan. The larger the circles, the deeper the tartlets will be.
- Place each circle of puff pastry in the muffin pan and press well. Prick the bottom of each tartlet shell with a fork.
- Cover each shell with parchment paper and pour in rice or beans so that it does not lose its shape.
- Pop into the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the tartlet shells don’t burn.
- Prepare the filling. To do this, peel and cut the avocados into small pieces. Using a food processor, make a smooth mixture of the avocado, lemon juice and coriander. Add fresh chives and dill. Stir the mixture well.
- Fill each tartlet with the avocado mixture. Finish by placing salmon on top.
Delicious homemade Pretzel Bites
Our next appetizer idea is for fluffy soft pretzel bites! Who doesn’t love them, seriously? The best part is that besides being awfully good, they’re also easy to make with ingredients that anyone will probably find at home. Take a look at our recipe and think of your favorite dip to serve them with! We’re sure your guests will be really pleased!
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted melted butter
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Put the warm milk, yeast and honey in a large bowl and whisk well (you can also use a stand mixer). Wait 5-10 minutes until the yeast is activated.
- Add salt and butter. Start slowly pouring the flour into the bowl, stirring constantly. Continue until no flour remains. Knead a soft dough that should not stick! Add a little more flour if needed.
- Put the dough in a deep bowl and cover it with a damp cloth. Let it rise in a warm place for about half an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Put 8 cups of water in a saucepan and add baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Place the dough on a greased surface and divide it into 5 equal parts. Make a rope from each piece that is about 20 inches long. Cut into equal-sized bites.
- Using a spatula or slotted spoon, gently slide the bites into the boiling water and wait for about 40 seconds.
- Drain the bites well and spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Brush each bite with the beaten egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown for about 15 minutes. Serve them warm. Make a dip of your choice!
Bacon and cream cheese roll-ups
Who doesn’t love delicious and quick recipes? For our next appetizer idea you will only need 3 ingredients! Let’s see how to prepare it!
- 10 bacon slices
- 10 slices of bread
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 356ºF (180ºC).
- Cut the bacon slices in half. Remove the crust from each slice of bread and cut it in half as well.
- Spread cream cheese on each slice.
- Arrange the bacon slices on a clean surface. Place one slice of cream cheese on top of one slice of bacon (they should be parallel to each other). Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat the process until you’ve used all the products.
- Arrange the rolls in a baking dish, greasing it with vegetable oil beforehand.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until the bacon is golden brown. You can serve both warm and chilled.
Аppetizers for New Year’s party – more tasty ideas
Аppetizer recipe with pear and cheese
Festive party table setting
A platter with cheese, sausages and fruit
A simple way to serve your appetizers