What is rose quartz? What are its benefits? How to use it and take advantage of its properties? We shall answer all these questions so read on! Rose quartz is an amazing gem with a fabulous pink color. The mineral is a part of the quartz crystal family and is composed of silicon dioxide molecules and is considered as a relative to rock crystal and amethyst. The color varies from light pink to deeper shades of pink or purple and the varieties are respectively called strawberry and lavender rose quartz. The mineral is found in the United States, India, Sweden, Brazil, South Africa, Australia and other countries.
Table of Contents
What is the Meaning of Rose Quartz?
The beautiful appearance of rose quartz is only half the explanation of its enormous popularity. Ancient people believed that the mineral had magical properties and it is believed that the women in Egypt and Rome used it in face masks.
There are many myths about rose quartz and according one of them, it is a gift to people from the god of love, Eros and due to that the mineral has become a symbol of tenderness and love. Even nowadays people believe that it has magical properties and creates balance, stability, helps fighting anxiety, get rid of stress and sadness. Rose quartz eliminates negative energy, creates a positive mood, relieves melancholy and gives harmony with the outside and the inner world. It is a fashionable nail design as well.
What are the Benefits of Rose Quartz for Human Health?
Many people believe in the benefits of rose quartz for human health and its remarkable healing power. It is used in lithotherapy to improve human health, as well as alleviate the course of diseases of the cardiovascular system or help in their prevention. Also, the stone has a positive effect on the nervous system. Here are some of its beneficial properties:
- improves skin condition;
- slows down the aging process;
- has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the heart, blood vessels and immunity;
- calms the nervous system. Some healers claim that this will help prevent a stroke or heart attack;
- speeds up metabolism and promotes weight loss;
- helps with the healing of cuts and burns;
- improves the general condition of pregnant women and contributes to the proper development of the fetus.
In addition, this is the stone of beauty and youth. To maintain the radiance of the skin of the face, it is recommended to massage the skin with polished stones. Of course, if you are looking for scientific evidence for the benefits of rose quartz, you will not find any. However, the fact remains, that it is has a significant role in spiritual, and healing practices.
How to Cleanse Rose Quartz?
It is important to cleanse rose quartz before using it. There are two types of cleansing, the first is the physical cleansing of dirt and the second is from the negative energy that gradually accumulates in the mineral. The crystal should be cleansed every time after you use it for meditation or other purposes. There are some general rules for maintenance that you should follow:
- do not expose the mineral to direct sunlight, humidity and high temperatures;
- clean quartz jewelry from dirt with a warm soapy solution and a soft cloth;
- do not use ultrasound to clean products made of rose quartz because the mineral is fragile.
How to Clean Dirt, Dust and Spots?
Dust gradually destroys the structure of crystals and dark spots may appear. To cleanse the stone, you need:
- Hold it under running water for a few minutes.
- Add a couple of drops of ammonia to a glass of water and immerse the mineral there.
- Rinse the product again with clean water.
- Wipe the crystal with a soft dry cloth and leave to dry away from sunlight and heaters.
- If the quartz is not smooth, it can be rubbed with a soft toothbrush.
There are two methods of cleansing the energy of rose quartz. Such cleaning should be carried out at least once every two to three months. If you received the product as a gift or inheritance, be sure to clean the gem from negative energy before wearing it.
Immerse the product in a saline solution (1 tbsp of salt per cup of water). Leave rose quartz in the solution for about 2-3 hours. Then blot the crystal with a paper towel and hold it in the light for a while, but not in direct sunlight.
Take coarse salt and pour it on a saucer. Put a gem on top, cover it with a clean napkin and leave it overnight.
How to Use Rose Quartz?
In the modern world, this amazing stone has a special meaning to many people. How to use rose quartz? Here are some ideas:
- It promotes deep and even sleep. Put the crystal under your pillow to benefit from its calming effect.
- Wear the mineral on your body. The stone is often used in jewelry. You can wear it as a pendant, earrings, bracelet, etc.
- Figurines made of natural rose quartz and various decorations are very often used as talismans and amulets. It is believed that they protect a person from envious and evil people.
- It can be used as home decoration as well.
- You can hold rose quartz while you meditate or include it in rituals.
- Add it to your beauty routine. It is often used as a face roller and some cosmetic products contain it as an ingredient.
What are the Benefits of Rose Quartz Face Roller for the Skin?
The facial roller as a skin care tool came to us from China where it has been used for thousands of years. Even in antiquity it was used for cosmetic purposes and is very popular in modern times as well. What are the benefits of rose quartz face roller for your skin? The reason for the popularity of quartz face rollers is because they offer amazing non-invasive, non-surgical, all-natural skin benefits like:
- Soothes the skin and relieves muscle tension, therefore prevents wrinkles;
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, making the skin look healthy;
- Regular massage stimulates the production of elastin and collagen which improves skin elasticity
- Removes puffiness, dark circles under the eyes and tightens the contour of the face;
- Tones the skin, facial muscles and tightens pores.
Before the massage, prepare the skin of the face. Apply cosmetic oil or moisturizer. Move the roller along the massage lines, slightly pressing, but not straining the skin. The massage can be done 2-3 times a week for 5-10 minutes.