What’s a healthy seasonal lunch that you can eat this Summer 2023, you ask? We suggest something with broccoli, of course! How to prepare broccoli stir-fry with shrimps? What are the ingredients for this delicious lunch?
Broccoli Stir Fry with Shrimps Recipe: 2023 Finger-licking Healthy Lunch Idea
Lately, a lot of people started growing their own veggies in their gardens. This means that the food they eat is less processed and a bit healthier. If that’s the case with you, and you happen to have broccoli in your garden, you will love this recipe! The broccoli are in season right now. You know they are very high in fiber and fantastic for your health. With that being said, let’s check out how to make this delicious broccoli stir-fry with shrimps on rice.
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 lime (squeezed)
Broccoli Stir-Fry with Shrimp Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 pound (450 g) shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 large broccoli head
- 2 carrots (sliced thinly)
- 3 scallions (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- brown rice for serving
- white sesame seeds for topping
- Let’s prepare the sauce first. In a small bowl grab your ingredients and mix them all together.
- Grab the shrimp and check if it is wet. Pad it dry very carefully and season it with pepper and salt to taste. If you want you can add a bit of paprika, it adds a nice taste to it.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a big skillet and add the broccoli, carrots and scallions. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the shrimp as well. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cooked until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat and serve over rice. Top with the sesame seeds and some raw chopped scallions and enjoy!