How to clean a mouse pad? Check these easy tips and tricks for a squeaky clean pad!
I love my job, and I spend so many hours at my desk. I have made it as cozy as possible by placing candles, flowers, my notebooks, and pens. It is my favorite little corner, where I can get creative and let my thoughts run wild. It is because I spend so much of my time there, it can often get messy and dusty. That is why I have learned all the good tricks on cleaning it. Today we are going to start small! We frequently forget about cleaning our mouse pads, and by cleaning I mean really getting rid of all the germs. There are a few tips to help us on how to clean a mouse pad.
Table of Contents
How to clean a mouse pad?
There are a few ways that I have tried to clean my mouse pad, and I find that the following works the best. You are only going to need soap, water, washcloth or soft bristle brush. Let’s see all the steps that you need to follow for a cleaner mouse pad!
- Find a large bowl and fill it up with cold water. If you do not have a large bowl, you can just wash over your sink, or if you have a bathtub use it.
- Put some soap on your washcloth and start removing any stains from the mouse pad.
- If you are using a bristle brush, make sure you are scrubbing gently since you do not want to do any damage.
- Rinse off the soap.
- Dab it with a dry towel to remove the moisture and let it dry before using it the next day.
Keep in mind that if you are using any kind of electrical mouse pad, for example, with lights, I would suggest using another method.
Is it okay to put a mouse pad in your washing machine?
The general answer to this question is yes, you can use your washing machine if you do not feel like cleaning your mouse pad by hand. Usually they are made out of polyester, microfiber, foam, or nylon. If that is the case with your pad, then it is okay to wash it in your washing machine. Here are a few tips if you decide to use this method!
- Never use warm water, always use cold
- Use a very light detergent
- Set the washing machine on a shorter cycle, not more than 20 or 30 minutes
- Never use bleach
- Let it dry before you use it again
Knowing how easy it is to clean your mouse pad, will definitely make you clean it more often. I think if you do it 5 or 6 times a year, it will be good enough to keep it looking brand new. Another advice that I could give you is to dust it off, to make sure that the fine particles are not clinging onto your pad. Also, you can clean your mouse with a damp washcloth to help your pad stay fresh for a longer time.
Clean your mouse pad without using soap!
Let’s clean our desk now!
Now it is time to clean out desks! I love putting everything in order, removing all the dust, getting rid of all the unnecessary sticky notes and make my desk look aesthetically pleasing. Here are the steps that I usually follow:
- Remove everything from your desk except your monitor.
- Using monitor wipes, clean your monitor first. If you do not have any, you can just clean it with a damp cloth. Make sure it is only damp and not wet. Dab it with a dry towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Now clean your desk, using a cloth and a cleanser that is designed for wood (if your desk is wooden).
- It is time for the keyboard – using a brush or a q-tip, dust off the keyboard buttons and go in between them, so you can remove the dirt that is gathered there. Then lightly damp a cloth with soap and gently go over the surface.
- Clean your mouse, again, using a damp cloth. If you see any dirt in between the buttons, use a toothpick to remove it gently.
- Plug everything back on their places.
- Make sure to declutter all the unnecessary little notes, sticky notes, paper, etc.
- With a damp cloth, I like to go over my notepads, pens, and all the office supplies, to make sure there is no dust on them.
- Place everything however you find it pleasing. If you want your chair to be looking fresh, but it is made out of leather, check out these tips on how to clean leather furniture that will help you out.
- Put a vase with flowers, or a candle to make it extra cozy and enjoy!