Cookies for Santa recipes – leave a delicious treat under the tree
Every child knows that you have to leave cookies for Santa, a glass of milk and carrots for the reindeer because they have a long night ahead of them delivering all those gifts. We will give you some recipes for delicious cookies which you can bake together with the children.
Table of Contents
Cookies for Santa recipes – fun Christmas activities for children
Christmas is a fabulous time when the whole family gets together, give each other gifts and enjoy the holiday. Children are waiting with special eagerness for this holiday, because Santa Claus will come or visit them and millions of children leave milk and cookies for him before going to bed on Christmas Eve.
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- In a medium bowl mix vanilla, egg, sugar and butter until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mix to sugar mix until combined.
- Add oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheet with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350F (180C) degrees.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup plus 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180C). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the machine running, gradually add the flour until incorporated. Beat in the Nutella and fold in the pecans.
- Using a small scoop (1 tbsp.), drop balls of dough onto each baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until they just start to brown. Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a medium bowl. In batches, roll the cookies in the powdered sugar until coated.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz (220 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180C).
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the sweetened butter. Mix only enough to incorporate flour. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1 inch (2 cm) balls and press one half of the dough ball into the crushed candy canes. Place on cookie sheet two inches (5 cm) apart, candy cane side up.
- Bake until light brown around the edges, about 12 minutes.