Eyelash Extension Tips and Tricks: All The Secrets You Need To Know!
We all dream of that beautiful and mysterious look that can melt anyone… But many of us hate looking like raccoons every night taking off our mascara, so we often resort to false lashes. They save us a lot of time and also money we spend by constantly buying different mascaras until we hit our stride. But are there any tricks we should know? Are there any dangers? Let me tell you all the eyelash extension tips and tricks that you need to know in 2023!
Table of Contents
Eyelash extension tips and tricks: All the secrets you need to know!
Most of the girls these days believe that eyelash extensions will give them the perfect makeup look and save them a lot of time. Others think differently as these extensions may hide some risks for your eyes. No doubt, eyelash are very important and if you want that “wow” look, you will have to be careful. There are specific things to do if you choose to try these extensions. You have to know how to take care of them properly, if you want them to last longer. Because, I have to tell you that going to the salon and getting them is not cheap at all! But I have to say, it might be very convenient for you, if you don’t know how to put on falsies like me…
What are lash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are these strands that you can glue to your natural lashes for more volume, fullness and wispy kind of look. The technique is simple and they are not permanent, so you have to go regularly to make sure that they are not falling off. There are different types of lash extensions as they can be made from mink, silk, or synthetic fibers, though the specific material utilized varies from studio to studio. You can ask beforehand, what do they offer so you can do a research and know exactly what you want to get. You can decide which length you want as well, depending on what you want to achieve. If you are allergic to something, absolutely give them the heads-up before they apply anything to your eyes!
Eyelash extension tips: How to maintain them?
I am going to give you the basic tips and tricks to help you out, if you are planning on getting eyelash extensions. You have to be prepared and well aware that they need special care. As I already mention, they are not cheap at all, and you have to know everything before you take the plunge and get them.
- When you have eyelash extensions it is not advisable to put mascara on them. This is because when you try to clean your lashes of it, you are likely to rip off some of them. Eyeliner is also not to be recommended as it contains certain oils that can adversely affect the glue.
- To keep your lashes in good condition for longer without having to go to the salon, you need to wash your face very carefully. Only use products that have been specially formulated for eyelash extensions. While washing your face, avoid rubbing your eyes. Don’t use your regular makeup removers that contain a lot of oils.
- Eyelashes can get tangled when you sleep or bathe, so you need to comb your lashes carefully with a clean spooly, when you wake up and after you shower. And to prevent unnecessary tangling, try sleeping on your back. I would also recommend using a silk pillowcase!
- Before you go to get your eyelashes done, don’t wear makeup for at least a day. Go with a clean face, no leftover eyeshadow, mascara or eyeliner. After the procedure, keep in mind that you won’t be able to shower for the next 24 hours. This is because of the lash glue, which requires its own drying time, usually between 12 and 24 hours. This is an important rule, although not all women follow it.
- This tip is very important! You have to be careful when choosing the length, since it is better to match the length of your natural lashes. If you choose lashes that are too long or are more clumped up, they can cause problems. Therefore, you need to make sure that when getting eyelash extensions, you choose the right model so that the lashes sit as naturally as possible and not like fans.
For mature women, these type of extensions can be really helpful, but also damaging. If you don’t want to invest in something like that, check out how to get thick eyelash after 50 with our tips and tricks!