Did you know that more than 85 percent of women over the age of 21 have cellulite? Cellulite can appear on different parts of the legs, most commonly on the thighs, and causes structural changes in the skin caused by fat cells. But how to get rid of cellulite on thighs?
The medical term for cellulite is gynoid lipodystrophy. What to do against cellulite on the thighs? There are various home remedies for cellulite, as well as natural methods that you can apply. A list of effective cellulite reduction practices is given below.
Table of Contents
- Causes and Factors of Cellulite
- Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs Naturally with Home Remedies
Causes and Factors of Cellulite
The exact cause of cellulite is unknown, but basically, it is an interaction between the connective tissue in the dermatological layer and the fat layer just below. There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of cellulite, including:
- High alcohol consumption
- An unbalanced diet
- High levels of stress
- Old age
- Prolonged immobility
- Hormonal imbalance
- Long-lasting inflammation
- Wearing tight clothing
- Increased proportion of adipose tissue
- Drugs that cause water retention
- Disturbed drainage in the lymphatic system
- Decreased blood flow
- Thinning of the skin
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Kidney problems
Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs Naturally with Home Remedies
Can you get rid of cellulite and how to do it exactly? Some home remedies and natural measures can help. However, their effects are not permanent, and you need to take care of this problem regularly if you want to get lasting results.
A Massage Is One of the Most Common Measures Against Cellulite
A common remedy against cellulite is a massage. Massages can reduce cellulite. How does it work? The massage can reduce cellulite by improving lymphatic drainage and stretching skin tissues. This is how cellulite dents are eliminated. Keep in mind that a single massage will not help with cellulite. You have to frequently have them to get good results. According to some research, manual and mechanical lymphatic drainage can reduce the most advanced form of cellulite in just two weeks.
Drink More Water to Reduce Cellulite
How do you get rid of cellulite? Skin cells need water to function. Water helps keep skin plump and can help with cellulite. Water promotes blood circulation and lymph flow. Proper skin care reduces the risk of cellulite.
Also read: How to remove cellulite from thighs after 50? 4 simple and effective methods!
Get Rid of Cellulite on Thighs with Weight Loss
According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), extra weight can make cellulite even more prominent. Losing weight is getting rid of excess fat, and shedding excess body fat can naturally reduce cellulite. However, be aware that losing a lot of weight, especially in a short period of time, can lead to sagging skin. This allows cellulite to become more visible.
Exercises Against Cellulite on the Thighs
How do you get rid of cellulite on thighs? Certain leg and glute exercises can help tighten the skin in the thigh area, and this also affects cellulite by reducing it. Stronger muscles and tighter skin can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Here are some exercises that can help against cellulite:
- Keep both feet flat on the floor throughout the lunge.
- Stand up straight, feet hip-width apart.
- Take a big step to one side. Bend your right knee as you push your hips back while keeping your left leg straight.
- Push off with the same leg to return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, bending your left knee and straightening your right.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Make sure your toes are pointing forward.
- Lower your glutes as if you were sitting in a chair, making sure your knees don’t go past your toes.
- Squeeze your glutes as you return to the starting position and repeat several times.
- Do this exercise at least 3 times a day.
- Stand on all fours on the floor.
- Kick one leg back, tightening your glutes and hamstrings.
- Repeat the exercise 12 to 15 times.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Imagine yourself in front of a bench or something similar, like e.g. a box.
- Step onto the bench or box, one foot at a time.
- Descend using the same pattern.
- Repeat the exercise daily.
Other activities that can help burn fat include:
Try a Homemade Scrub Against Cellulite on Thighs
You can get rid of cellulite with home remedies! It’s easy to make your own anti-cellulite cream or scrub. Try this anti-cellulite body scrub recipe, made with just two ingredients: coffee and olive oil.
How to prepare: Mix 1 tablespoon of used coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir until the paste is uniform and smooth. Simply apply the mixture to cellulite affected areas and massage in circular motions for five to ten minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Use the homemade scrub daily.