How do 60 year old women apply makeup? Mistakes to avoid and helpful tips for applying makeup!
After the age of 60, a woman’s skin begins to change a lot. Bags under the eyes, a line between the eyebrows, wrinkles also appear in places and the overall condition of the face and neck changes. And although we think these are completely normal things and a woman is beautiful throughout all stages of her life, there are many tricks for rejuvenation that makeup artists share, thus every lady could boost her self-confidence and embrace her lovely features. In today’s article, we will answer questions like “How do 60 year old women apply makeup?” and “What makeup mistakes should be avoided?. Keep reading for lots of helpful and detailed information!
Table of Contents
- How do 60 year old women apply makeup?
- Useful tips on how should 60 year old women apply makeup!
- What makeup mistakes should be avoided when 60 year old women apply makeup?
How do 60 year old women apply makeup?
Women over the age of 60 are starting to have a different attitude towards makeup. Some of them feel that they no longer need to put on makeup and take care of their beautiful and well-groomed appearance. However, this is completely wrong! Regardless of age, a neat and elegant person always makes a good impression on others. Other women, on the other hand, continue to apply makeup in the same way as they did before, which is also not quite right either. Not everything is appropriate for 60-year-old women. For example, some continue to choose bright colors, which actually makes some age-related imperfections stand out even more. Fortunately, there are plenty of opportunities to enhance your beauty if you follow some very simple tips and avoid certain mistakes, which we’ll share below.
Useful tips on how should 60 year old women apply makeup!
We have prepared some tips for women over 60 who want their facial skin to look healthy and rejuvenated. It’s important to keep in mind that good skin care is the first and most essential step you shouldn’t skip. Next, we’ll look at some special rules for applying makeup at home!
1. Start with skin care. Cleanse your face and apply a hydrating toner to the face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
2. The foundation of beautiful, age-appropriate makeup is hydrated skin. Therefore, we recommend that after you cleanse your face thoroughly, you use a moisturizing cream before applying makeup. Take a small amount and massage your face and neck with your fingertips. Allow the product to soak in, then move on to the next step.
Even the complexion and hide imperfections
3. Continue with makeup base. If you have more wrinkles, you can look for a silicone-based primer that will smooth the skin and make further makeup application easier.
4. Use concealer for the eye area and any areas on the face where imperfections (redness, age spots) are visible.
5. Apply foundation in an appropriate color all over the face, including the skin around the eyes, eyelids and the area under the eyebrows.
6. Use a powder to set the foundation. Be sure to use powder in the areas around the eyes. Apply it from top to bottom so if there are some fine hairs on the face, they will become less visible.
Eyeshadow and lipstick
7. Use an eyebrow pencil for highlighting. Continue with eyeshadow, being careful not to press the brush too hard, so you don’t get a very dark shade. In fact, you can’t go wrong if you stick to a beige-brown palette. If desired, apply a small amount of mascara.
8. Finally, apply a matte lipstick that is as close to your natural lip color as possible.
What makeup mistakes should be avoided when 60 year old women apply makeup?
Let’s now take a look at some common makeup mistakes that are worth avoiding for women aged 60 and over, so they can enjoy a fresh look.
Using dark eyeshadow
For young women, using dark eyeshadow shouldn’t be a problem, but when you’re already at an age where various skin imperfections start to show (dark circles under the eyes, skin pigmentation, etc.) dark shades can make them even more noticeable. Therefore, it would be better to choose lighter shades.
Applying thick layers of foundation and powder
Wrinkles are not something to be ashamed of, on the contrary, they make the face look more natural, which can’t be said for the thick layer of foundation and powder that would make you look like a wax figure. It’s also a good idea to avoid matte face products, which will accentuate imperfections even more, considering that wrinkles on clear skin would be less visible.
Too much mascara
Often, women over the age of 60 start applying a lot of mascara on their eyelashes in an attempt to highlight their eyes better. This may be true, but in no way will it make you look younger, on the contrary, you will have a more tired look. What is good to do then? Limit yourself to applying just one coat of mascara.
Sticking to old habits
We’ve already mentioned that some women continue to use the same skincare products and apply makeup the same way as in their earlier years. However, this will not lead to good results. Your skin has new needs, so you have to approach it with more care and attention. Also, try to go for natural colors when you do your makeup – this will make you look much more youthful than if you apply dark eyeshadow and deep red lipstick. This actually applies to younger ladies too, if you think about it! There’s nothing better than natural and elegantly and subtly highlighted beauty, don’t you think?