How to Get Smooth Feet at Home? – A Simple Guide for Baby Soft Skin!
No one likes having rough feet, especially in the summer when we have them on display at all times! You’ve probably noticed that during this season the skin on your heel and big toe gets more dry and rough than usual. That’s because these are weight-bearing points with no oil-producing glands, causing the skin to get hard quickly. So what’s the secret to having baby soft feet? And more importantly, how do you keep them soft? Learn the best tricks on how to get smooth feet at home that look so good you’ll want to show them off any chance you get!
Table of Contents
How to Get Smooth Feet at Home?
Just like every other part of our body, our feet require the occasional TLC in order to look and feel soft. Having bath soaks, using foot masks and exfoliating products are some basic practices that can help give your feet a satin-smooth feel. You’ll be surprised to find out how easy it is to achieve astonishing results with products you probably already have at home! Here’s how to give your feet salon-worthy pampering from the comfort of your couch!
Prepare Yourself a Nice Foot Soak
The benefits of a good foot soak spread far beyond their aesthetic purpose. Taking a foot bath at night can have a soothing effect on your nervous system, improve brain activity and give you a sense of comfort. It betters your blood circulation, which boosts your metabolism and also helps you sleep better at night. All of that plus the cosmetic benefits make foot soaks the perfect self-care ritual! There is a specific homemade foot soak in my arsenal that I swear by, and I’m not one to gatekeep! Here’s how you can make it yourself:
- 2 lemons
- apple cider vinegar
- Epsom salt
- pumice stone
- Fill a tub with hot water. Make sure that it’s enough to cover your feet all the way up to your ankles.
- Add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. If you don’t have any, white vinegar works, too!
- Squeeze the juice from the two lemons into the tub.
- Add 3 cups of Epsom salt to the water.
- Take the leftover lemon peel and massage the insides of it into your toes.
- Put some Epsom salt into your palm and rub it gently on the areas of your feet where the skin is dry/rough.
- Once you’ve exfoliated your feet with the lemon peel and the Epsom salt, soak them in the foot bath.
- Soak your feet for 15–20 minutes. Once you’re done, dry them with a soft cloth and use a pumice stone to remove any dead skin.
What I like to do after the foot soak is to rub some Black Sea lye into my feet and give them a gentle massage. Do you remember the scene from the Barbie movie trailer where Margot Robbie gently slips her foot out of a sandal? That’s how smooth your feet are going to look – guaranteed!
A Treat for Your Dry Heels
Getting dry and rough heels has absolutely nothing to do with personal hygiene! It’s more common than you can imagine, especially during the summer when your feet are exposed. The great news is that there are so many ways you can easily fix that at home in no time! A couple of years ago a friend of mine introduced me to overnight foot and hand masks. Let me humbly introduce you to my savior – petroleum jelly, also known as Vaseline. Here’s how you use it:
- Take a generous amount of Vaseline and lather it on your whole feet. Make sure you massage it in between your toes, too.
- Take a pair of preferably cotton socks and put them on. It is a rather odd feeling, but the results are worth it!
- When you wake up in the morning take the sock off and wash off the jelly.
- Dry off your feet and enjoy the baby-smooth effect!
If you don’t feel comfortable doing the overnight process, there’s an alternative method. After you apply the Vaseline on your feet, wrap plastic bags around each foot, tie them around your ankle, and let them sit like that for 1–2 hours. Once the time has passed, rinse off the jelly, and you’re good to go!
Overnight Results with a Miraculous DIY Sugar Scrub
I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with body scrubs. They do what they need to do at the moment of application, but I hardly ever see any long-lasting results. That was until I stumbled upon this amazing recipe for DIY lemongrass sugar body scrub. Calling it a life-changer would be an understatement. Here’s how to make your own at home:
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tbsp melted cocoa or coconut oil
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil
- 10 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- Add the white sugar to a bowl.
- In a cup mix together the cocoa or coconut oil, the lemongrass essential oil, and the vitamin E drops.
- Once you get a homogenous mixture, add it to the bowl with the white sugar.
- Mix everything together.
- Store the scrub in an airtight glass container.
For best results apply the scrub every other time you take a shower. You can use it not only for your feet but your whole body, too!
Read also: How to Do a Pedicure at Home? 9 Easy Steps for Beautiful & Healthy Toenails