Just because you’re vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy deliciously-tasting sweets. From vegan chocolate cake to vegan cinnamon rolls, we have incredible plant-based cakes for you to try. Perfect for any occasion, these vegan recipes couldn’t be easier to prepare. You only need a few ingredients and you have the tastiest vegan dessert. A vegan cake is also very healthy!
Table of Contents
Quick Gluten Free Chocolate Vegan Cake Recipe
This is the easiest vegan chocolate cake you will ever make. It’s simply mixed and baked, and has a decadent, rich, chocolaty texture that you’ll love. After this recipe you will definitely not bake cakes with eggs again. You can’t believe how moist this vegan chocolate cake turns out.
Even those who don’t like to bake can try this recipe because a vegan cake is incredibly delicious!
- 300 g gluten free flour or regular flour as desired
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 1 tsp Backpulver
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons cocoa, high-quality
- 130 ml oil
- 250 ml soy milk (or another vegan milk)
- 1 avocado, very ripe
For the chocolate glaze:
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 50 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 tbsp soy milk
For the topping:
- peanuts, chopped
Vegan Cake Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees and grease a 23 cm spring form.
- Mix the flour with the brown sugar, cocoa and baking powder. In a separate bowl, mix the soy milk with the oil.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones, mixing with the hand mixer as you go.
- Add the vinegar when the ingredients are incorporated and continue to mix.
- Mash the avocado in a blender (or mash very well with a fork), pour over the batter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together and melt them in a water bath. That means you fill a small saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Place a glass or metal bowl on top. Place the ingredients in the top bowl and stir slowly until melted.
- After 30 minutes, check the cake by doing a toothpick test. If the toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. Take the cake out of the oven and out of the mold. Pour the chocolate icing on top and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Vegan Sweets Recipe – Cinnamon Rolls
It is believed that cinnamon rolls originated in Sweden in the 1920s. But it wasn’t until the 1950s that they became popular. In Sweden, they are usually served for fika, a cozy get-together with family and friends over a cup of coffee or tea. Sweden even has a national cinnamon roll day.
- 3 tablespoons vegan Butter
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 240 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 400 g all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
For the filling:
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 50 grams of sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (to taste)
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 110 g Powdered sugar
Prepare the dough:
- In a large saucepan, heat the almond milk and vegan butter until warm and melted, but not boiling. Take them off the heat and let them cool down to 43 degrees. The mixture should be warm but not too hot or the yeast will be killed.
- Place the mixture in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle over the yeast. Let it activate for 10 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and the salt and stir all the ingredients.
- Next, stir in the flour (don’t add all of it). The dough will be sticky. If it’s too thick to stir, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a fluffy ball, about 1 minute. Rinse your mixing bowl, brush with avocado or olive oil, and put the dough ball back in. Cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
Prepare the Filling:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (the thickness of the dough should be about 1/4 – 1/4 inch). Brush the dough with melted vegan butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a serrated knife or a piece of dental floss, cut the dough into 3 to 5 cm pieces, make a few rolls and place them in a well-buttered loaf tin or similarly sized round baking dish. If you’re making the cinnamon rolls the night before, stop here, cover and refrigerate overnight before moving on to the next step in the morning.
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees. Once the oven is hot, bake the cinnamon rolls for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let them cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
Optional: You can coat the cinnamon rolls with a simple mixture of 110g powdered sugar and 1-2 tablespoons (15-30ml) almond milk. The cinnamon rolls can be stored at room temperature for about 2 – 3 days.