The right autumn dresses 2023 will make you slim, while the wrong ones can make you look bigger than you actually are. After many years of trial and error, we have found out which styles will be best for you!
It’s not always easy to dress a curvy figure. Wearing dresses can be particularly challenging because many styles seem to be created primarily for slim body shapes, and if you have a generous bust or hips, you’ll be faced with a fashion dilemma. However, this is not always the case. In fact, to solve this problem, all you need is the right dress model – one that will slim you down by highlighting your curves in a flattering way. These autumn dresses 2023 have that effect!
Table of Contents
Autumn Dresses 2023: What Is the Right Type for Your Body Shape?
The human body is a true marvel. Although we all have the same organs with the same functions, they are all wrapped in different figures. If you know your body shape, it will be much easier for you to find the right dress. So here are some factors you should consider to be able to find those autumn dresses 2023 that will slim you down.
- If you don’t have a large bust but wider hips and a generous bottom, you belong to the pear-shaped bodies. A-line dresses have a slimming effect on this body type. Maxi dresses also help you make the most of your pear shape.
- Are you curvy on top and bottom? Then you have an hourglass shape, and you know how difficult it can be sometimes to dress with this figure. However, this body type is ideal for wearing a dress. A wrap dress, for example, shows off all those curves and sets off your waist perfectly. A figure-hugging style, on the other hand, puts the emphasis on your waist and also compliments your bust. Choose a model that is fitted rather than breezy. Hourglass shapes are there to be emphasised.
- Maybe you are an apple. If your body is fairly evenly shaped, and you have a thicker waist, you are one of the apple figures. This can make finding the right dress silhouette a challenge, as so many models are waist-focused. But we have a solution for you, of course. Opt for a maxi dress! The flowing lines have a great slimming effect that makes your waist look smaller than it is. Wrap dresses also make your waist look slimmer. A shift dress that is not so defined is also great for your particular figure. Try it on in dark colours and with diagonal or vertical stripes. Always avoid horizontal stripes. Colourblocking designs can also have a slimming, lengthening effect. Another model that is extremely trendy for autumn 2023 is the babydoll dress. It is also very suitable for an apple-shaped figure.
Slimming Autumn Dresses 2023: A-Line
The A-line design has a triangular shape that is narrow at the top and hugs the body. It widens from the waist to the hem. It actually resembles the letter A. Because of this widening design, A-line dresses are very flattering for most body types. The skirt is loose around the hips and buttocks to avoid emphasising these areas too much, but still shows definition around the waist. The close-fitting bodice emphasises the bust line.
- Note: The A-line look is said to have been invented by Christian Dior in the 1950s.
The Babydoll Dress Is Back in the Spotlight
The babydoll dress is back at the centre of fashion trends in 2023, and we are all very happy about it, because this style is able to create a beautiful figure for any body shape. It also successfully conceals body fat in the abdominal area. At the same time, it elegantly emphasises the legs and adds a girly and feminine touch to your look.
- Note: The name babydoll comes from the 1956 American film Baby Doll. In one of the scenes, the young lady wears a wide-cut but still tight nightgown. After the release of the film, this type of women’s négligée became a real fashion trend, later changing from nightgowns to women’s dresses.
Wrap Dresses Make the Most of Curvy Figures
The wrap dress is particularly flattering on curvy women, as it accentuates the bust and showcases the waist. This style helps women make the most of their curves. Wrap dresses are a particularly good choice for ladies with an hourglass figure, and definitely belong to the category of autumn dresses 2023 that will slim you down.
What clothes to wear for a big belly? Conceal your tummy with these 12 stylish outfits
Autumn Dresses 2023: Maxi Dresses for Every Body Shape
The maxi dress is flattering for all body types. They all fit looser on the body by having a tighter waist and a wide, ankle-length skirt. Because of these features, this dress can create a beautiful feminine silhouette that shows off your curves without accentuating the parts of your body you would rather conceal. Maxi dresses are also very versatile. You can wear them to casual, semiformal, formal or professional occasions.