DIY Easter Baskets for Kids: 5 Fun Craft Ideas for the Little Ones
The joyful holiday, Easter, is not very far and it’s always the children that await it impatiently. Getting them busy with decorations and various crafts is a good idea. We have 5 DIY Easter baskets for kids craft ideas with cheap and affordable materials – paper, plastic cups, egg cartons – so get the glue and scissors ready!
Table of Contents
DIY Easter Baskets for Kids – Colorful and Easy Craft Ideas for the Spring Holidays
Easter is the most beloved and long-awaited Spring holiday. The colored eggs, cheerful rabbits, chickens, bright decoration, egg hunt – all of these are an essential part of the festive days, and of course, the numerous crafts. DIY easter baskets for kids can be a part of this year’s preparations for the holiday and create an atmosphere of a good, magical, spring fairy tale.
DIY Egg Carton Easter Basket Craft for Kids
- egg carton
- Acrylic paint
- pipe cleaner for the handle
- green tissue paper
- Hot glue gun
- Cut off the top of the egg cartons
- Paint the inside of the egg carton basket with green paint.
- Make a small hole on either egg of the egg carton to thread the pipe cleaner and secure with glue.
- Wrap a piece of green tissue paper on the outside of the basket and glue it.
- Cut two long strips of tissue paper and cut as in the photo. Decorate the basket with the tissue paper.
Paper Weaving Easter Basket Craft for kids
- construction paper in 3 different colors
- Measure the sheets of paper to 1 inch/2,5 cm wide strips.
- Cut four 14 inches/35 cm long strips of the first color.
- Cut four 14 inches/35 cm long strips of the second color.
- On a flat surface arrange 4 strips alternating the colors and weave them. You will have a woven square in the center.
- Fold the remaining of each strip inwards towards the center of the basket. You will now have the bottom of the basket and vertical strips.
- Take the strips from the third color and start weaving them all the way around the basket. (Optionally, you can tape or glue the strips).
- Repeat the above weaving a checkerboard pattern until you reach the top of the basket.
- When you get to the top, glue the ends of the colored strips inside the basket.
- Measure and cut long enough colored strips to make a handle and glue it on the inside of the basket. Here’s a video tutorial for this craft to help you.
Easy DIY Cardboard Easter Baskets
- cardboard or constructions paper
- printable template (choose whatever one you like on the internet)
- Print the template out and trace the elements on the cardboard. Cut out the shapes.
- Then fold and glue the basket and the handle.
- Finally, glue the rabbit head, legs and tail. Draw rabbit’s eyes and whiskers.
- Add some cotton to the tail of the rabbit basket.
DIY Mini Easter Basket from Plastic Cup
- Plastic or paper cups
- decorations of your choice
- If you use paper cups for this craft, you’ll need to remove the top rim first= If you use plastic cups, that will not be necessary.
- Place a rubber band at the bottom of the cup, about 1 inch/2,5 cm to make sure your cuts will be even.
- Start cutting strips down the cup until you reach the rubber band.
- Once you’ve cut all the strips, it’s time to weave them. Take one strip and place it as you will see in the video tutorial. Keep bending and weaving until your mini basket is ready.
- Add a handle and decorate as you wish.
Easy Easter Paper Strips Basket Craft
- construction paper in different colors
- Cut 1/2 inch /1,5 cm wide strips from the construction paper.
- Cut one long strip to make a hoop and glue the ends together.
- Take one strip and add glue to both ends, then glue it to the hoop.
- Take another strip and repeat. Continue until you glue all the strips to the hoop.
- Cut another long strip for the handle and glue it on the inside of the hoop.
- Cut out flowers and leaves from the colored paper and decorate the basket.