Easy DIY Valentine Gifts: 9 Creative and Budget Friendly Ideas for February 14th
February 14th is exactly that romantic holiday, when you want so much to fully express your love and feel beautiful emotions. Surely you are already thinking about how to please your loved one. We have selected some ideas for easy DIY valentine gifts that will help you create something exclusive and cute.
Table of Contents
- Easy DIY Valentine Gifts to Express Your Love and Affection
Easy DIY Valentine Gifts to Express Your Love and Affection
To express your love and affection it is not necessary to buy expensive gifts and jewelry – it is much more symbolic to make a gift with your own hands, putting a part of your love and care into it. For many people handmade gifts are the most valuable. With these easy DIY valentine gifts ideas you will make this February 14th really unforgettable.
3D Valentine’s Day Card
The first thing that we associate February 14th is the Valentine card. Here is a very easy DIY valentine card tutorial.
- white cardstock (or other color of your choice) for the card base
- paper in various colors
- glue or hot glue gun
- Print or draw a heart shape on a sheet of paper to use as a template. Optionally you can use a cookie cutter.
- Cut the white cardstock to the size of a card and then fold it half.
- Place the heart shape template on colored paper and trace around it. Repeat as many times as you want and then cut the paper hearts.
- Apply glue on one of the hearts, then glue it in the center of your card.
- Fold the remaining hearts in half.
- Apply glue the folded hearts and when you are happy, glue the 3D heart to the one on the card.
- Write your loving note in the card.
DIY Valentine Heart from Yarn
- Red yarn
- Cut a heart shape out of the cardboard.
- Begin wrapping the yarn. To make sure that the yarn will not move, glue or tape on end to the cardboard heart.
- Continue wrapping until you have covered the cardboard heart.
- Cut the yarn and tie in a knot.
DIY Valentine Candles
How about an evening by candlelight? Candles will create a unique atmosphere for you and your loved one. And the best? If you need a last minute easy DIY valentine gifts ideas, this is the one for you! Simply take a pillar candle and some twine and a few felt hearts. Wrap the twine around the candle, hot glue the hearts and your gift is ready in minutes!
Love Messages in a Jar
Write down loving messages or 20-30-50 reasons why you love your partner. You will need a jar and colored paper for the notes. Once you write all the messages, cut them individually and put them into a jar (or a box) and decorate it.
Sweet Edible Gifts
Treat your partner with delicious homemade sweets. Bake heart shaped cookies and decorate them with chocolate. Who doesn’t love something sweet?
DIY Valentine’s Day Tic Tac Toe
This is a very quick and easy idea for DIY Valentine’s gift. And a sweet one too. In addition, you will combine a fun activity with something sweet. How cool is that! All you need is to print out a tic tac toe template and a handful of red and pink M&Ms. You are ready for a night full of laughter!
How to Make a Valentine Scrapbook?
To make a Valentine scrapbook you will need valentine themed cardstock, glitter paper, doilies, scissors, glue, markers. Cut out hear shapes in various sizes. Use the themed paper to cut out the pages of your scrapbook.
Add pockets on each page and fill them with small treats or loving messages. You can get as creative as you want and that’s the beauty of scrapbooking – there are no strict rules!
Heart Shaped Valentine Bath Bombs
Homemade bath bombs are a real spa treat and will be a great surprise for your loved one.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 3/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 25 drops Essential oils of your choice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Food coloring or 1 tbsp beetroot powder
- In a large glass bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and whisk to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients gradually and mix thoroughly before adding more. Make sure to add about a spoonful of liquid ingredients to the dry ones.
- Press the mixture down into the mold so it’s packed tightly. Then press the two halves of the mold tightly.
- Let the bath bombs dry overnight.
- When the bath bombs are dry, carefully release them from the mold.