How to Make Glitter Roses at Home Like a Professional Florist?
Roses are extraordinary plants. It is not a coincidence that the rose is called “The Queen of Flowers.” Since ancient times, it has been the symbol of passion and love; it is the flower of Aphrodite, and hardly anyone can deny the flawless beauty of a rose. When you give a rose as a gift, the flower says everything, and there is no need for words, compliments, or confessions. Can you make a rose even more magnificent? If you make it sparkle, it will look even more glamorous and enchanting. Do you know how to make glitter roses? It’s so easy! Find out the steps for this 5-minute craft!
Table of Contents
How to Make Glitter Roses at Home? This Is What You Need to Know Before You Start
Before decorating real roses with glitter, you need to keep a few things in mind. Each stem is decorated individually, so if you plan to arrange a rose bouquet, make sure to apply the glitter to every rose beforehand.
Make sure to prepare the countertop, table, or other working surface. Cover it with newspaper or cardstock and secure it in place with tape to make sure that you’ll not accidentally spill glitter all over the place.
If you bought roses from the supermarket and their buds are not well open, try turning the flower upside down, pressing the stem between your hands, and moving it back and forth. This should loosen the bud, and the petals will open. Another option is to blow on them, which has the same effect: petals are separated from one another, and your rose looks lusher.
How to Make Glitter Roses at Home Using Glue?
You will need:
- Glitter of your choice, make sure that it will suit the color of the roses
- Prepare your working surface.
- Use a cotton bud and apply some glue to it. Gently apply the glue to the rose petals with the cotton bud.
- Sprinkle some glitter on the petals, and put the flower in a vase with water so it is in an upright position. Continue following these steps until you decorate all the flowers.
- Once the glue is dry, turn the stems upside down and shake very carefully to remove the excess glitter.
- Optionally, you can mix 1 tbsp of glue with 1/4 cup of water and pour the mixture into a suitable container – bowl or ramekin. You will need another bowl (ramekin) for the glitter. To decorate the roses, just dip the flower tips into the glue and then into the glitter.
Can You Decorate Roses with Glitter Using Hairspray?
There are different methods to decorate roses with glitter. You can get florist adhesive spray for fresh flowers, but it is very likely that you will not have the time to look for specialized products. Then use your hairspray! Make sure that you are using a non-toxic, natural hair spray that will not damage the delicate petals of the roses. Here’s how to proceed:
Take a rose and spray it with hairspray. Do not apply too much, because the flower still needs to breathe.
Sprinkle with glitter, and put the rose in a vase with water. If you want to decorate only the tips, pour some glitter on a cardboard plate, for example, and dip the tips of the rose into it.