Easy pumpkin decoration without carving: Photo Gallery and DIY ideas to get creative!
Let’s speak of some of our favorite Halloween traditions, I’ll go first! Mine is definitely anything with pumpkins, and if I could turn my house into a pumpkin yard, I would! Making scary lanterns is for sure one of the top picks when it comes to entertainment during this time of the year. However, it does involve a lot of precise carving, which can get really messy and if you have little kids involved it could get a bit dangerous. Go ahead and check out my ideal pumpkin decoration without carving!
Table of Contents
Pumpkin decoration with no carving
Now it’s time for some real creativity and vision! Autumn decoration is all about colors, spices, dry flowers, and of course pumpkins. If you do not feel like carving this year and making Halloween lanterns, I got some ideas that can help you achieve the perfect decor for your home.
1. A pumpkin covered in flowers
A covered in fresh flowers pumpkin can be the ideal centerpiece for your dining table. It is very easy to make, and it is a decoration idea that is interesting and elegant. What you are going to need is a drill, white paint (not necessary), paint brush and fresh flowers of your choice. If you do not have a drill, you can use fake flowers instead and glue them on the pumpkin using a hot glue gun. Start by washing the pumpkin first. If you want, you can paint it or keep the original color. Make the holes, then cut the flowers, so they can fit. Start arranging them however you prefer. Now place your masterpiece on the dining table and let everybody enjoy it!
2. Pumpkin Decoupage
Source : fashionfrequency.com
Have you heard of this incredible art – decoupage? Essentially, what it means is a craft of decorating different objects with paper cut-outs. If you have napkins with a print that you absolutely love, you can turn your regular glass cup into a beautiful small vase with a stunning decoration. Today we are applying this art to our pumpkins! Let’s see what you are going to need:
- a pumpkin
- white paint
- paper napkins (it can be whatever print you prefer)
- decoupage glue
- foam brush
- plastic or paper bowl
- regular brush
How to create this beautiful craft? That is how:
- First, you have to separate all the layers of the napkins. You are going to need only the top one with the print on it. It has to be as thin as possible.
- Orange is a remarkable color, however this time we want our napkins to stand out, so you have to paint your pumpkins white. Take your regular brush and white paint and do your magic. Let it dry before you start your next step.
- Now that the white paint is completely dry, apply the decoupage glue to the pumpkin.
- Place the napkins on your pumpkin by pressing gently with your fingers. You have to be really careful if you do not want to rip the paper.
- If you want, you can let the first coat dry and add another one on top later on.
3. Let’s make some mummy pumpkin decoration without carving
This is the most simple and fun Halloween decoration that you can create, and it will take you not more than 1 or 2 minutes. If you are in a hurry and don’t feel like carving, but your guests are on your way, and you need a quick-to-make decoration for your Halloween table, try mummy pumpkins! You are going to need:
- a pumpkin
- googly eyes
- glue gun (if you do not have one, you can use another strong glue)
- 2 small rolls of gauze
Check out the video for a quick tutorial and enjoy your mummies!
4. Unicorns and pumpkins
Unicorns just make everything magical! Look at this gorgeous pumpkin setup. If you want your house to look like coming from a fairy tale, keep on reading to find out how to “dress” your pumpkins as unicorns!
What materials do you need:
- a pumpkin
- white paint
- paint brush
- felt: white, pink, purple, blue, and black
- embroidery floss
- hot glue gun
Let’s follow the steps now:
- Using the brush and the white paint, you have to make your pumpkin white. When the first coat dries, apply a second layer of the paint.
- Grab the white felt and make the bigger part of the ears (check the first picture), and two quarter circles for the horn.
- With the black felt, create a pair of eyelashes. Take the pink one and cut out the smaller part of the ears.
- To create the horn, use the two white quarter circles and glue them, then tie them up with the embroidery floss.
- Glue together the pink and the white parts of the ears. Then glue them to the pumpkin.
- Glue the eyelashes as well and the horn.
So far it should be looking like that. It is easy, right? Now, the final step is actually optional, but what is a unicorn without a mane? Cut several pieces of the blue, purple and pink felt. Fringe them using your scissors. Attach the pieces to the back of your unicorn using the hot glue gun, starting from the bottom.
Other creative ideas for pumpkin decorations with no carving
Call the Fairy Godmother! I want a pumpkin carriage!
Emoji pumpkins – another idea for an easy pumpkin craft!
I think I just found Nemo!
Let’s turn our pumpkins into the creatures of the night!
My dream is to fly with a hot air balloon! Now I have a pumpkin one!
Feathers are always a good idea: Thanksgiving pumpkin decoration
Check out this baby Yoda pumpkin – cuteness overload!
These magical combinations of colors can definitely bring up your mood!
Don’t confuse these pumpkins with real donuts, I know they look delicious!