Are you still doing your makeup after 60? Ladies, we want to look good at any age, I know that! As a makeup lover myself, I have found the ideal solution for my mature beauties today. What is the best eye makeup for hooded eyes over 60? How to look youthful with minimal effort?
Table of Contents
Eye Makeup for Hooded Eyes Over 60: An Easy Way to Look Youthful
As we get older, our skin changes and the most unpleasant is when we start to see the first signs of aging on our face. Since the skin around and on the eyes is the most delicate, that’s where we always get the first wrinkles. And the most unpleasant thing is when we have naturally hooded eyes, because the extra skin gets even saggier there and it becomes almost impossible to make up and make it look nice. As I said it is ALMOST impossible… But, worry not! Today we have prepared for you the perfect methods to deal with your hooded eyes and make them look young and beautiful again with the help of makeup.
How Do You Apply Eyeshadow to Hooded Eyes Over 60?
As we already mentioned, it is hard to put makeup on hooded eyes, because of the extra skin. That’s why you have to use other tricks that will help you achieve a rejuvenated look and make your eyes appear more open. How do you apply eyeshadow? These are the tips you need to follow:
- Invest in a good primer: First, you have to make sure that you use a good eyelid primer, that will hold your eyeshadow for as many hours as possible. If not, your makeup can start to fall apart. If your makeup is all over the place, it may age you even more, so you have to avoid that! There are primers that have anti-aging qualities, or even serums that can boost your skin. We highly recommend opting for one of them.
- Avoid dark eyeshadow colors: When choosing eyeshadows for your hooded eyes, absolutely avoid dark colors. Then can make your eyes appear smaller, which is the opposite of what we are going for. For ladies with hooded eyes, dark eyeshadows are a taboo!
- Use a waterproof formula: Why would waterproof formula work better for hooded eyes? Because there’s a smaller risk of the eyeshadow to get smudged, which will make you look tired.
- How to apply it: Always apply eyeshadow above where the natural crease is, instead of creating a crease with the eyeshadow. This will help you make your eyes look wider, which is the goal here. Use a lighter shade on the entire lid and apply it above the crease as well. Focus on the outer corners of the eyes and apply a slightly darker shade there.
- Eyeshadow on the lower lash line: Apply eyeshadow on the lower lash line in a darker shade. Since your eyes are hooded on top, the darker shade on the bottom lash line will create the illusion that they are more opened.
How to Apply Mascara for Hooded Eyes Over 60?
If there’s one makeup item that we can’t go without, that’s the mascara. It is essential to learn how to apply it properly if you have hooded eyes over 60. Check out the tips to follow:
- Invest in a good quality mascara: There are several brands that you can choose from, that will ensure your mascara won’t smudge and will last all day long.
- Use a magnifying mirror: To apply the mascara on your hooded eyes, make sure that you are use a mirror that will make everything easier.
- Don’t apply too many coats of mascara: Don’t apply too much! If your lashes become “spidery”, the crease on your eyelids may even appear bigger and your eyes smaller.
How to Apply Eyeliner for Hooded Eyes Over 60?
You have to be really careful when applying an eyeliner to your hooded eyes. Makeup experts advise using a small amount over your lash line and follow the shape of the eye. If not, you can apply the eyeliner starting from the corner and going up, without applying it over the lash line. These are the two methods that work for hooded eyes. In general, you should avoid the black eyeliner, because it tends to “close” the eyes. Another great tip is to apply eyeshadow over the crease, if you apply the eyeliner on top of the lash line.
How to Do Your Eyebrows for Hooded Eyes Over 60?
To make your hooded eyes look wide open and youthful, you have to make sure that you give your brows a nice lift. With that being said, if you place your eyebrows arches higher than usual, that will give you more space to apply the eyeshadow. You can start by tweezing them first, and then use an eyebrow pencil or eyeshadows to fill in the spots, where you’re missing hair. Apply a highlighter on the brow bone for better results.