What is the best hairstyle for thinning hair? Focus on must-have accessories and styling products
Thinning hair: here is a hair problem that many women suffer from and to which we do not pay enough attention. Which hairstyle should be used to give volume to thinning manes and how should they be styled to look their best? What are the most suitable accessories? And more importantly, which styling products to choose to enhance your hairstyle for thinning hair? I’ll answer all your questions to help you fight against this unpleasant phenomenon. Follow me!
Table of Contents
- What is the best hairstyle for thinning hair for women?
- What accessories can be used to enhance thinning hair?
- Which products are suitable for styling thinning hair?
What is the best hairstyle for thinning hair for women?
Girls with thinning hair, don’t be discouraged! There are many solutions that allow you to enhance your sparse hair that lacks volume. From the best haircut to favor to some ideas for trendy hairstyles, and products to get your hair looking its best, let’s go!
The double ponytail: A hairstyle for fine and thinning hair to try immediately!
How to style thinning hair with a blow-dry?
Blow-drying is the easiest technique to add volume to fine, thinning hair. Arm yourself with a round brush and a heat-protecting spray of course, you don’t want the heat to damage your hair further. That said, it is important to set the hair dryer on low heat.
- Divide the mane into small sections.
- Start with the lowest sections Dry your hair gently and maintain the right distance to ensure that it stays healthy even if you style it often.
- Go from roots to ends. Always start with the top section and hold the hair dryer 15cm from the scalp. Hold the brush at a 45 degree angle and begin brushing the hair, running the dryer down the length with the brush.
- Once your hair is completely dry, fix it with volumizing hairspray and you’re done.
The classic bob is perfect for thinning manes
Let’s talk a bit about short hairstyles for thinning hair for women! As a general rule, hair stylists recommend cutting your hair to refresh it and give it more volume. One of the most popular hairstyles is the classic bob – easy to maintain and easy to style. Another good idea is the asymmetrical bob, which will accentuate the lengths rather than the roots, which usually lack volume.
What hairstyle for fine and thinning hair women over 50 should you choose?
After a certain age, hair becomes increasingly thinner. It is therefore essential to find the hairstyle that suits you best. My next suggestion is actually one of the best: Her Majesty, the pixie haircut! It will offer you a spectacular volume if it is done properly. Your hairdresser will know how to best adapt it to your hair.
What accessories can be used to enhance thinning hair?
How to style your hair when you have thinning hair? Believe it or not, you can opt for some chic and quite practical accessories such as pony-o and hair clips. These come in a wide range of models and you will certainly find the ones that suit you the most.
The Pony-O: The star accessory for a new generation ponytail
The Pony-O has a kind of elastic that allows you to achieve a much more stable ponytail while creating more volume. This new generation accessory does not tear hair or leave marks. On the image above, you can see the difference between the hairstyle made with an ordinary elastic and with a Pony-O.
We love hair clips
To achieve a stylish and trendy hairstyle for thinning hair, the use of barrettes is a must! I recommend that you favor those of medium size and minimalist design to avoid overloading the look and distract the attention the thinning areas. These trendy hair accessories will hide the thinning spaces perfectly.
Which products are suitable for styling thinning hair?
- Sulfate-Free Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner: Helps add volume to hair and fill in thinning spots.
- Volumizing mousse: Towel dry your hair and apply a dollop of mousse working from the ends.
- Thickening spray: This cosmetic product helps thicken thinning hair to give it XXL volume. Read the instructions before application.
- Thermo-protective spray: Use before blow-drying your hair and before using a straightening iron. The latter is not recommended.