All-Black Healthy Halloween Cookies Recipe: Make an Impression with This Dairy and Gluten-FREE Treat!
The season of fright is upon us which means that it’s time to start planning our Halloween treats! I know this can be a stressful time for a lot of parents because the sugar high is nearly impossible to keep at bay, and if you try to limit the candy consumption, you’ll probably be met with a tantrum. Another common issue is the gluten and milk in the baked goods that our kids love to eat during this time. Well, don’t you worry, my lovelies, because I have the BEST healthy Halloween cookies recipe for you to try – eggs, gluten and milk-free! Did I mention that they’re also all-black and super spooky?
All-Black Healthy Halloween Cookies
What I love the most about these cookies (apart from the phenomenal taste) is that they always make a strong impression because of their solid black color! They’re definitely not something you’re going to find in your local store, so it’s a real feast for the senses every time I make them! Another great benefit – they’re perfect for those with dairy and lactose intolerance, so everyone can enjoy them worry-free! To achieve this rich black color I use black sesame purée mixed with fine-textured powdered vegetable charcoal. To enrich the flavor you can add orange (like me), or some lemon zest if you’re not a citrus fan. Follow the guide below to make your own!
- 100 grams wholemeal rice flour
- 60 grams cornstarch
- 40 grams chestnut flour
- 80 grams coconut sugar
- 60 grams black sesame purée
- 50 grams of coconut oil
- finely grated zest of 1 small orange or lemon and 3 tbsp of the juice
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp fine-textured vegetable charcoal
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with baking paper.
- Take a bowl and mix the flours, cornstarch, sugar, spices, charcoal, and baking powder.
- Then, add the black sesame purée and the melted coconut oil.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add the orange or lemon juice and zest and stir again.
- Place baking paper on your countertop and place the dough on top.
- Then, place another sheet of baking paper on top of it and roll it out to 5-7 mm thickness.
- Remove the top sheet and use cookie cutters to cut out different shapes.
- Use a fork to lift off each cookie, then place them in the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely before you remove them from the tray.
Read also: Yummy Mummy Pumpkin Brownies Recipe: Healthy Halloween Treat for Kids and Grown-Ups!