I associate the Summer season with sunny days, sea views, Aperol cocktails, flower dresses and… the smell of fresh peaches. They are one of the most delicious Summer fruits. But, how can you make a healthy peach ice cream to enjoy at home? What are the ingredients?
Table of Contents
Healthy Peach Ice Cream Recipe: The Best August Dessert to Try in 2023
Can ice cream be healthy? Sure, if you make it with fresh seasonal fruits and you substitute the milk and sugar. As we mentioned, peaches are best to eat in the hot Summer and most of the people are even growing them in their gardens. Nothing taste better than a healthy August recipe with homegrown produce! If you don’t have peaches in your garden, then you can find some at your local farmer’s market! The goal here is to get them fresh and less processed. As you may know, they can be quite beneficial for your health. They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals that can help you maintain your blood pressure. Now, check out how to prepare this delicious dessert!
Healthy Peach Ice Cream Ingredients for 6 servings:
Calories per serving: 85 kcal
- 6 ripe peaches
- 2 cans of coconut milk (cold)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 (60 g) maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- mint leaves for garnish
- crushed pistachio for garnish (optional)
Healthy Peach Ice Cream Instructions:
- Peel the peaches and place them into a food processor or a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, without the mint leaves and the pistachio.
- Blend everything really well.
- Put the mixture into a freeze-safe container.
- Freeze for about 5 hours, or until solid.
- When serving, you can add mint leaves, crushed pistachio or fresh peach slices.