Homemade Face Masks for Glowing Skin: 6 Easy Recipes for a Radiant Face!
Have you ever wondered how to achieve the radiant healthy glow that celebrities flaunt so effortlessly all over social media? Spoiler alert – you don’t need to invest a fortune in skincare. In fact, you probably already have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen cupboard! Having healthy, dewy skin isn’t a luxury reserved only for the wealthy, and we have the receipts to prove it! Tie your hair and roll up your sleeves because you’re about to learn how to make the BEST homemade face masks for glowing skin!
Table of Contents
How Can I Make My Skin Glow Naturally at Home?
Sun exposure can have serious negative effects on your skin. It’s common for women to struggle with dehydration, acne, and hyperpigmentation in the summer. This is why during this time it’s more important than ever for us to keep our skin nourished and moisturized. The great news is that you can easily do that at home with ingredients that you most definitely already have! Products such as honey, turmeric, avocado, and aloe vera have miraculous hydrating properties that promote a healthy, natural skin glow. Rose water, almond, and coconut oil are other moisture-boosters that will give you that stunning Hailey Bieber “glazed donut” dewy look!
Simple Homemade Face Masks for Glowing Skin
If you’ve been looking for an excuse to give yourself a well-deserved SPA day, now’s the time to blame it on the sunshine! Bring your spark back with these super easy and oh-so-delicious recipes for homemade face masks that will give you Edward Cullen-like glowing skin!
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin and Acne
When you have oily and acne-prone skin, the effect of glowy skin feels like an absolute no-go zone. What if I told you that there is a facemask you can do at home that tackles those issues? All you need is two very simple ingredients – turmeric and yogurt. Turmeric helps with swelling and redness thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. The lactic acids in yogurt act as an exfoliant and remove dead skin cells. Here’s how to make this miraculous face mask:
- Add 2 tbsp of yogurt and 1 tbsp of turmeric to a bowl.
- Mix them together until you get a homogenous mixture.
- Apply a thick layer to your whole face and neck.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
Homemade Face Mask for Glowing Skin with Honey
Honey face masks are incredibly efficient for achieving that natural face filter glowing skin we see all over social media. However, you must keep in mind that this mask should not be applied by people who are allergic to honey. There are two honey facemask recipes I swear by, and they gave me the BEST skin of my life! For the first one, you’re going to need only two ingredients – raw honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice:
- Mix 1 tbsp of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in a bowl.
- Once you get a homogenous mixture, apply it evenly on your face and neck. (The lemon juice is acidic so be careful not to get any of the facemask in your eyes.)
- Let it sit for 25 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
For the second honey face mask you’re going to need raw honey, a banana, and unpasteurized milk. This recipe has great anti-aging properties and is especially suitable for people with dry skin. Here’s how to make it in a few simple steps:
- Smash 1/3 banana in a bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of raw honey and 20 ml of unpasteurized milk to the bowl.
- Stir everything together until you get a nice thick mixture.
- Apply evenly all over your face.
- Leave it on for 20–30 minutes.
- Rinse off with normal to warm water.
- Apply 3 times a week for best results.
Read also: 5 Easy Homemade Banana Face Mask Recipes for All Types of Skin
Celebrity-Approved Face Mask with Besan
Besan, also known as gram flour, has been commonly used for beautifying procedures for decades. It’s a powerful ingredient in the battle against blemishes, tired skin, and pigmentation. Besan is super affordable and incredibly effective, and you most definitely shouldn’t sleep on its healing and rejuvenating properties. Here’s a really simple recipe with besan, egg white and raw honey that’s going to give you a blemish-free, lifted, and rejuvenated skin in no time:
- Mix 1 egg white, 1 tbsp of besan, and 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey into a bowl.
- Apply a thick layer evenly on your whole face.
- Leave it on for 15–20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Apply a moisturizing cream of choice.
Glowing Skin Face Mask for Dry Skin
The harsh summer Sun can be especially damaging to people with dry skin. In order to avoid flakiness you need intense moisture-boosters. Achieving radiant, hydrated, and glowing skin is possible with a facemask that consists of only two ingredients – oranges and oats. First, you’ll have to turn those oranges into orange juice. Then, execute the following steps:
- Add 30 ml of orange juice and 1 tbsp of oats to a bowl.
- Mix well and apply the concoction evenly onto your face.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with normal water.
- Apply this facemask on no more than 2 times a week for best results.
Read also: Flaky Skin on the Face: What Are the Causes and Which Home Remedies Really Help?
Is Coffee Good for Face Mask?
Homemade face masks with coffee are a quick and cheap way to achieve a long-lasting radiant glow. Coffee is great for removing any puffiness and inflammation. It’s also a brilliant exfoliant rich in antioxidants. These healing properties will leave your skin looking and feeling soft and blindingly glowing! Take a look at this super easy DIY face mask recipe that’s going to give you your best summer skin to date:
- ground coffee
- turmeric powder
- Greek yogurt
How to make:
- Mix in a bowl 1 tbsp of ground coffee, 1/2 tbsp of turmeric, and 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- Apply a thick layer on your whole face, or only under your eyes if you’re looking only for a depuffing effect.
- Leave it on for 25 minutes,
- Wash off with warm water.