How to hide a tattoo with makeup in 5 steps? Easy tutorial
Getting a tattoo is a lifelong commitment. Choosing the perfect tattoo(s) that will express our identity is a wonderful process. However, during our lifetime, we find ourselves in all kinds of situations. For example: we have just had a job interview, but the field concerned does not tolerate that we wear them. Or, you are invited to a formal event and the tattoos do not match the outfit you are wearing or do not seem appropriate. Since it is permanent, what can be done? Yes, we can try to put on any foundation, but in most cases, it does not work. So I will tell you step by step how to hide a tattoo with makeup and without makeup! Keep reading to find out!
Table of Contents
How to hide a tattoo with makeup?
Which product to use to hide a tattoo? Yes, using foundation may seem like a good choice. However, most of the time, regular foundations, especially ones that don’t provide great coverage, have little or no effect. So the one you use for your face every day probably won’t work. On the other hand, a good tattoo concealer from brands such as Dermablend (apparently the favorite on internet forums), Mehron, Kryolan, Ben Nye, Graftobian, etc. will work wonders. They’re thick, highly saturated with pigment, water and sweat resistant, and come in all sorts of to suit your skin tone. Once you’ve got your tattoo concealer, here are the steps to follow:
- Take a shower, exfoliate the skin and gently dry the area you want to cover.
- This is a personal choice: some people prefer it with, others without. Prime your skin. This will ensure a smoother application, especially if you tend to have dry skin. You can try L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Lock Makeup Primer.
- Then apply the concealer and spread it evenly while fully covering the tattoo.
- Finally, set it with powder so that it lasts longer and does not fade. Any setting powder will do, but make sure it contains talc.
- Optional: If you’re still not happy with the result and want a bit more coverage, you can add another layer of concealer and powder. However, you might end up looking a bit mushy.
How to hide a tattoo without makeup?
There are many ways to hide a tattoo without makeup. Some of them are obvious, but sometimes many of us don’t even think of the most apparent options. Here are some of them, starting with the most effective:
- Tattoo cover-up tape
- Tattoo sleeve covers
- Under your clothes (black tights, long sleeves, turtlenecks, knee socks, scarves, etc.)
- If it’s small, put a large bandage on it.
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the best place to get a tattoo? If you desperately want a tattoo, but want to keep it discreet, the best places are:
- the armpit (yes, it will hurt a lot)
- the back of your ear
- the chest (between the breasts or below)
- the inside of the lip
- upper thigh
- the side of your finger
- under the underwear line
Where do tattoos age best? The best places are definitely the flattest and least abused areas of the body, according to tattoo artists, such as:
- the shoulder
- upper arms
- the forearm
- the back
Can you tattoo aged skin? FAQ
- Will a tattoo last if I get it after 50? Yes, absolutely! The later you get a tattoo, the longer the ink will stay beautiful. In general, tattoos tend to fade. So if you didn’t do it in your 20s or 30s and you feel like it now, but everyone around you is adamant and talking about aging… prove them wrong!
- Are tattoos more painful on aging skin? Unfortunately yes. Over the years, our skin tends to sag and becomes more delicate. Sun exposure also plays an important role in this process. Wear sunscreen regularly to protect your skin.
- Is it possible to get a tattoo when you are older? Yes it’s possible. Do your research and make sure you go to an experienced tattoo artist.