This interesting, tasty and healthy meal is one of the beer snacks recipes, which you’ll remember once you try it. Isn’t it tricky to be made by someone, who is not a master of humus? Although the ingredients may seem too much, most of the work is done fast by the food processor, and the rest of the preparation is simple.
How to Make Humus with Garlic and Egg?
The unique Eastern meal is not only nutritious food, which perfectly complements your cup of beer, but looks nice and decorates your table! It can also be freely accomplished with other foods.
- 250 g dried chickpeas
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into two
- 6 garlic cloves, 2 of them chopped
- 200 g tahini paste
- 40 ml lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp tahini sauce (see below)
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- few pinches of sweet paprika
- 100 ml iced water
- 1 egg, boiled and sliced
Preparing the tahini sauce:
- Pour the tahini paste into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Pour the iced water, gradually whisking with food processor.
- Season with salt to taste.
Preparing the chickpea:
- Soak the chickpeas in a pot with water:
- Keep it there for 6 hours.
- Pour out the water and cover with a new amount of water.
Preparing the Chickpea Paste
When you are ready with the preparation of this delicious representative of beer snacks recipes, don’t forget to invite your friends to try and evaluate its tender taste. Let’s continue with the final steps!
- Place chickpea on the stove.
- Bring it to the boil, removing the scum.
- Add the baking soda.
- Remove the froth and lower the heat.
- Add the onion, carrot and whole garlic cloves.
- Boil till chickpeas softens.
- Pour ½ tbsp salt and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain the chickpea, saving the cooking liquid.
- Add there the carrot and onion halves.
- Move 5 tbsp of the chickpea (leave a reserved amount) in a food processor.
- Add the tahini paste, lemon juice, chopped garlic and cumin and blitz.
- Pour the cooking liquid and blitz until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer the hummus to a plate, with sauce in the middle.
- Place on top the reserved chickpea, dressed in olive oil and seasoned.
- Decorate with the slices of egg.
- Sprinkle the paprika around the chickpea and parsley on the top.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
Now, the delicacy is ready to be served on your table!