There is nothing that will stand between a man and watching the FIFA World Cup. November 20 is a huge day this year, and we have to be prepared. Are you having people invited over for a beer and snacks? If you are, you have to be ready with all the good recipes for the most delicious World Cup party. Let’s check out what snacks go well with beer!
Table of Contents
What snacks go well with beer?
There is nothing better than my Sunday tradition of having a beer with my friends and watching a movie. This weekend is going to be a little different, since we are watching the World Cup. I am hosting the party, so I did my research on what delicious snacks to prepare to go with this golden delicious cold drink. We all know that cold beer goes amazingly with finger food, fast food, nuts and all these recipes. If you are feeling more creative, you can even try making snack stadium. Prepare your self for the delicious flavors and let’s get started!
1. Buffalo chicken wings recipe
There is no beer party without chicken wings! That is why it is absolutely mandatory to prepare this finger-licking buffalo chicken wings. This recipe is easy to make, and it will not take more than 30 minutes. Let’s see the ingredients that you will need!
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) chicken wings
- oil for frying (depending on your pan)
- 1 cup (220 g) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) any hot sauce that you like (the original recipe is with Louisiana style)
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- First let’s make our buffalo sauce. In a small sauce pan melt the butter, add the hot sauce and the spices. Then add the Worcestershire sauce and the vinegar. Remove from the heat the sauce is ready and let it on the side.
- For the wings, heat up some oil in a frying pan. Fry each wing for about 3 to 4 minutes, they should not be completely cooked. Remove from the pan and place all the wings in a large bowl. Pour them over with the buffalo sauce that you made. Mix them well, so the sauce is spread equally on each wing.
- Preheat your oven to 356 °F (180 °C) and bake for about 10 minutes or until the chicken wings are ready.
- Serve with ranch and celery, of course!
2. Onion rings
Fried food is the perfect match for a cold beer! There is no reason to miss on the onion rings, they are my ideal beer snack. This is another fast and easy recipe to try at home. Let’s see how to achieve making the crispiest onion rings!
- 1 cup (120 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 (220 ml) water
- a large egg
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large onions
- oil for frying
- black pepper (optional)
- Start by beating the large egg in a bowl. Add the flour and the baking soda and beat well again. Now add the water, salt and black pepper and whisk until completely mixed.
- Cut the onions into rings and separate them.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan and hear it well.
- Dip the onions into the batter and fry them until golden on each side.
- Make sure to drain the excess oil with paper towel and serve them hot and crispy!
3. What snacks go well with a beer? French fries, of course!
Did you think we can skip on the french fries? No way! If we think about what snacks go well with a beer, they are definitely on the top of the list. Crispy, soft, seasoned, we can eat and enjoy them no matter what. They go with almost everything, and I am sure everyone has their favorite recipe that they do all the time. I am sure you know how to make them. Today, I am just going to offer you different seasonings to choose from that will go perfectly with your french fries.
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- chili flakes
- black pepper
This snack will need approximately 5 minutes to prepare, however your guests will be amazed. The secret is to find the right flavors. Nachos are crispy and perfect for any occasion involving a cold beer. What toppings to put on your nachos to make them absolutely irresistible? Check them out!
- melted cheddar cheese
- green peppers
- sour cream
- chopped shallots
- pulled pork
- cooked ground beef
5. Mini hot dogs
Beer goes really well with a sausage. But what a better way to eat a sausage then in a bun, and make yourself a mini hot dog? Let’s see this easy and simple recipe!
- white bread rolls (the number will depend on how many you want to make)
- mini frankfurts (or any type of mini sausage you like)
- tomato sauce (or ketchup)
- 1/2 (100 g) grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- chopped pickles (optional)
- First, warm the bread rolls. In a pan, with a little bit of oil, toss in the mini sausage and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until ready.
- Make a cut in your bread rolls and pour some sauce. Then place the sausage.
- Cover them with the cheese to melt. Add chopped pickles if you want.
Other snacks that go well with a beer
The golden, amber drink goes will a lot of finger-licking food. If you have no time to prepare for the party, however, you can find a lot of things at the store. You can buy pretzels, popcorn, chips and dip, and nuts. Other things that will fit perfectly at your beer party would be mini burgers, a pizza, or if you love spicy food, you can try making jalapeño poppers.