Mini bar cabinet design ideas – an elegant furniture piece for your home
We have selected some fascinating mini bar cabinet design ideas that can be an elegant addition to the interior of any home. Do you need a mini-bar in the house? If you are a hospitable host or a connoisseur of high-quality alcohol, you definitely need one! When we talk about home bars most people imagine a high counter with bar chairs and a wall full of all kinds of alcoholic beverages. Many people have such bars in the basements, for example. Others opt for small wet or dry bars in a niche or in a cabinet. The third option is to choose a mini bar cabinet which is the compact version of alcohol storage furniture and designers and manufacturers offer exceptional designs.
Table of Contents
What are the advantages and benefits of having a mini bar cabinet?
Why do you need a mini bar cabinet? There are several reasons for getting one:
- Bar cabinets are compact and most of them can be easily moved through different zones according to your needs.
- Versatility is one of the major advantages of such furniture pieces. They combine functionality and aesthetics. A beautiful mini bar cabinet can be an eye catching focal point in a room, especially if you selected a designer model made of high quality material.
- The ability to free up useful space. It is much more convenient here to store bottles and containers for drinks, which usually take up space in kitchen cabinets.
- A mini bar adds a touch of originality to the design. The aesthetic appeal of such units is quite big and if you want an air of sophistication and lavish appeal in the room, a bar cabinet is the way to go.
- It is designed specifically for storing bottles and has suitable shelves for this as well as holders for glasses.
- It symbolizes the richness of style and emphasizes the style and class of the owners.
- The bar cabinet can be placed in any room. More often it is installed in the living room or other rooms where guests are received.
- A mini bar cabinet can be a really multi-functional furniture piece. Yes, its main purpose is to store wine glasses, wine bottles, liquor and bar accessories but depending on its location you can use its counter as display area for collections, it can be a room divider in an open plan living space, it can be a side table where you can arrange vases with fresh flowers, etc.
- Mini bar cabinet ideas are numerous and these entertainment units are designed to fit in any space, large or small. They come in different sizes, shapes and styles so everyone can find a model to his taste.
How to choose a mini bar cabinet?
How to choose the perfect mini bar for your home from the plethora of designs? Like we said, the first step is to decide whether you need one. Then you have to decide where your bar cabinet will be placed. The choice of location for the cabinet should be taken as responsibly as possible, so that it blends harmoniously into the interior and the rest of the furniture not only in style, but in color, material, texture and overall appearance. When choosing a design, you should always remember where the bar will stand and how it will look there. The bar cabinet may match the color scheme of the room where it will be located or vice versa, create a contrast. When making radical decisions, it is best to consult with a designer, so that later you do not regret an expensive purchase.
The location determines the size of the mini bar cabinet. The market offers a wide variety of designs so proper measurement is essential. For small rooms, corner models are a great choice. They will not take up much space and will make an empty corner functional.
Practicality and ease of use – This means that all contents must be visible and easily accessible. To open, prepare and serve/consume alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages, it is advisable to equip your bar cabinet with some tools and accessories like a corkscrew, a shaker, glasses, wine glasses, cocktail glasses, decanters, tubes, spoons, and napkins. All of these should have a special place on the shelves inside the cabinet.
Material – a bar cabinet can be made of different materials. Mini bar cabinets made of expensive or exotic wood species are impressive and will be a complement to any interior. Metal or glass units are ideal for minimalist, industrial or high-tech interiors.
Glass, mirrors, leather or other decorative inserts make the bar cabinets original and visually attractive. Obviously the type of material will determine the price, functionality, appearance and lifespan of your bar cabinet.
In conclusion we can say that modern mini bar cabinet designs are truly amazing and you will see that in the photo gallery below. They are not only entertainments units for storing alcohol but furniture pieces with exceptional decorative value.