Mini Cheese Balls – Delicious Finger Food Recipes for Your Next Party
Mini cheese balls, also called cheese truffles, can be the perfect party food or appetizer at your festive table. You can arrange them as a cheese platter or as a part of a charcuterie board or as a separate dish of finger food. Either way, you will have a great looking and delicious food on your table and the best thing is that cheese ball bites can be served for both a family gathering in the backyard and a special holiday feast like Christmas, New Year, birthday parties, etc.
According to the recommendations of nutritionists, cheese must be included in the diet of every person. This is a universal product that has absolutely all the useful elements in milk. It is a great source of calcium, fat, and protein and contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin. And, most importantly, cheese contains them in a concentrated form. Cheese is full of mineral salts and proteins, which are especially needed by children, adolescents, pregnant women and nursing mothers. Eating cheese regularly has a positive effect on the condition of the skin and bones and vision.
Have you ever tried cheese ball bites? They taste incredibly delicious and you can’t go wrong with these appetizers. In addition, you can create your own unique recipe and combine your favorite cheese varieties, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
Table of Contents
- How to Make the Perfect Mini Cheese Balls – Practical Tips and Tricks
- What to Serve With Mini Cheese Balls?
- Easy Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- Asian Style Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- Bacon and Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- Pear, Rosemary and Cheddar Holiday Cheese Balls
- Festive Mini Cheese Ball Bites
- Cranberry, Pecan and Goat Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- Assorted Mini Cheese Balls Recipe
- French Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- What to Serve With Mini Cheese Balls?
How to Make the Perfect Mini Cheese Balls – Practical Tips and Tricks
As we said mini cheese balls are very easy to prepare and even novices will manage any recipe. Here are some tricks and tips that can help you create an elegant and great looking snack or starter.
So that your cheese ball bites are the same size, you can either use a spoon to shape them, or ideally the ice cream scoop.
To make it easier to roll the balls, place the topping in a saucer instead of a bowl.
If the cheese balls are too soft and do not mold well, either refrigerate them for 30 minutes or add some more hard cheese.
You can make your cheese ball bites in advance and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days before serving.
You can also freeze cheese ball bites (without nuts) in an airtight container or a ziplock bag for up to 1 month. To thaw properly before serving, remove from the freezer and place in the fridge. Do not thaw cheese balls on the counter. Make sure that thawed cheese balls are consumed within 1-2 days.
What to Serve With Mini Cheese Balls?
Mini cheese balls are an attractive starter for a party evening with friends. They’re easy to prepare and can include a variety of delicious ingredients. And the best part is that you can prepare them up to two days in advance and enjoy a stress- party. A large ball of cheese spread is a classic appetizer and often served as party finger food. It is up to you to decide whether you will prepare one large ball or go for eye-catching mini cheese ball bites.
Usually, cheese ball bites are served with mini toasts, crackers, raw vegetables like carrots and cucumbers, pita bread triangles, mini bagels, fruits (apple or pear slices), figs, crostini, pretzels, roasted potato wedges, chips, dips, etc.
Easy Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 8 oz/220g cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 TBS fresh diced chives
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Beat your cream cheese in a large mixing bowl till smooth.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, chives garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and stir all till totally mixed.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into balls, about 1 TBS in size each.
- Roll each of the scoops into round balls.
- Place them on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper, and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Chop up your almonds into tiny pieces and place them in a plate.
- Roll the cheese ball bites into the chopped almonds.
- Place them back in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Asian Style Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 8 oz./220g cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz./220g goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Coarsely crushed wasabi peas
- Blend cream cheese, goat cheese, chives, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, and oil in a bowl with a mixer until combined; chill for 30 minutes.
- Form mixture into 1 tsp. balls using a scoop; chill until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- Roll balls in preferred coating and chill until ready to serve.
Bacon and Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 8 ounces/220g Onion and Chive Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 slices Bacon, Cooked crisp and diced
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme, Minced
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 1/3 cup Garnish of Your Choice, (Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, finely chopped walnuts, finely chopped herbs)
- Crackers for Serving
- In a medium size bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, thyme, salt and pepper. Chill mixture for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Scoop cheese mixture into small balls and roll until nice rounded.
- Spread garnish of your choice in a shallow dish and roll mini cheese balls in garnish to coat.
- Chill cheese balls until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers and other small snacks.
Pear, Rosemary and Cheddar Holiday Cheese Balls
- 8 oz/220 g Cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Dried pear, chopped fine
- 2 tsp Fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp Mascarpone
- 1 tsp Honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Finely chopped hazelnuts
- In the bowl of a mixer, using a paddle attachment, gently stir the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cheddar, dried pear, rosemary, mascarpone, honey, salt, and pepper. Mix again until just combined. Place in a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- Scoop or spoon mini balls, place in a bowl with the chopped hazelnuts, and roll around to coat each side. Press the nuts in gently with your hands, if needed.
- Place the balls on a tray and continue with the remaining cheese until all are covered.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Festive Mini Cheese Ball Bites
- Two 8-ounce/220g packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, pith and seeds removed and minced
- 1 each mini peppers, red, yellow, with the pith and seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mixed assorted nuts
- 1/2 cup Wasabi peas crushed
- Into a medium-size bowl, add the softened cream cheese, parmesan, asiago, romano, garlic, everything bagel seasoning, jalapeños, mini-tri colored peppers, parsley, and mix well. Set mixture aside.
- Put the assorted mixed nuts and the wasabi peas into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is chopped and coarse, spoon the mixture onto a plate and shake slightly to spread the mixture out.
- Scoop a portion of the cream cheese mixture into your palm and work into a ball, then dredge through the chopped nut mixture.
- Place the cheese ball bites onto a serving tray.
- Place a cracker into the top of each mini cheese ball and serve.
Cranberry, Pecan and Goat Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 10 oz./280g goat cheese
- 6 oz./170g cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus extra for garnish
- 1 ½ cups candied pecans, chopped and divided
- 1 cup diced dried cranberries
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, beat goat cheese, cream cheese, cinnamon and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add ½ cup chopped pecan, folding to combine. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together remaining pecan, dried cranberries and chopped parsley in the center of the parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out one round of cheese filling and toss in pecan mixture. Continue until all cheese ball bites have been rolled in coating. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with crackers, warm crostini or as is with a pretzel stick in place of a toothpick. Drizzle with honey, if desired.
Assorted Mini Cheese Balls Recipe
For the mini cheese balls:
- 6 oz/170 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Onion and Garlic Coating
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Italian Herbs and Chili Coating
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
Crushed Almonds Coating
- 2 ½ teaspoons crushed almonds
- Mini toasts, crackers, pita bread, raw vegetables etc.
- In a medium ball, beat softened cream cheese till fluffy. Add grated cheddar.
- Add seasonings and mix until combined with a spoon. Adjust seasonings if required.
- Keep in fridge for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spray your hands with a non-stick baking spray, or lightly grease with oil. Using a teaspoon or a cookie scoop, form balls of the mixture and then roll in your hands. Keep the prepared balls on wax paper, and keep in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Place the coating mixtures into 3 small bowls. Place the dried onion flakes, and garlic powder together, and mix. Place the Italian herbs, red chili flakes and red chili powder together, and mix. Place the crushed almonds in the third bowl. Roll the cheese balls in the different coatings.
- Cover the cheese balls with clingfilm lightly, and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. Keep the cheese balls in fridge until ready to serve. Take them out 10 minutes before serving.
French Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
Basic Cheese Ball Ingredients:
- 2 packages (8 oz/220g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 to 11 oz/280-300g) goat cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups crumbled Roquefort cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds
- Toasted baguette slices
- In large bowl, beat the cheese ball Ingredients with paddle attachment on medium speed until combined. Add Roquefort cheese, honey, shallot and parsley. Stir to combine.
- With moistened hands, shape into mini balls; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir together parsley and almonds. Roll balls in mixture to coat before serving.
- Serve with baguette slices, as desired.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Bites Recipe
- 8 ounces/220g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- half a package dry ranch mix
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar, and ranch mix. Form into 16 small balls and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl or on a plate, stir together cooked bacon, chives, and pecans.
- Roll balls in bacon-chive-pecan mixture.
- Loosely cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.
- Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.