Simple finger foods for a party: Prepare yourself with these recipes for a New Year’s Eve party!
Are you ready for this year’s Christmas party? I already prepared my list with all the delicious dishes that I am planning on cooking. My family are my critics and I have to step up my game this year. If you are hosting a party, you have to put everyone in a good mood with cocktails as we all know. However, food is also very important in moments like that. I am a foodie, and always love to try out new things. Delicious party food is not that hard to make. What are the easiest finger foods for a party? What are the best recipes to make in 2022? Let’s find out today!
Table of Contents
Finger foods for a party: The most delicious recipes for 2022
What food to make when planning a party? Finger foods are the obvious choice here! They are easy to eat, they compliment the drinks, and they are so delicious. Whether you are throwing a Christmas party, or a birthday party or just a night with your friends, you have to be well-prepared! You can make some of the food in advance, so you will have more time to prepare the drinks as well. Today, we are going to check out some of the easiest recipes to make finger food for a party to remember!
Simple finger food for a Christmas party: Cranberry brie bites
Do you want your Christmas party to be memorable? You want your guests to enjoy flavor-packed food that gets them in the Christmas spirit? Be sure to try these tasty little bites. They are very easy to prepare and go together quite quickly. Cranberries will add to that Christmas cheer. If you have some leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, you can use it in this recipe. You can also really streamline the bites and make them to your own taste.
- 1 tube crescent dough
- a wheel of Brie cheese
- 1 cup (235 ml) cranberry sauce
- 1/2 (100 g) pecans (chopped)
- 4 springs of rosemary (cut into pieces)
- cinnamon to sprinkle
- cooking spray
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 °F (190 °C). You are going to need a mini muffin tray. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle some flour on your countertop and roll out the dough. Cut out 24 squares. Place them in the muffin tray.
- Cut the Brie cheese into small pieces and put them evenly into the dough squares. Using a large spoon, put some cranberry sauce and sprinkle the pecans. Now you can sprinkle some cinnamon for more flavor and add a piece of rosemary.
- Bake until golden for about 15 minutes and enjoy with your friends!
Quick and easy crunchy shrimps recipe
How to make something quick, easy and delicious for a party? Shrimps are definitely very easy to cook, and they take not more than 5 minutes. Crispy, crunchy and delicious, they are the perfect finger food to cook for your friends. It is like the fancier version of chicken tenders. There is nothing wrong with chicken, however the seafood is a bit more elegant. Trust me, they are always the first thing to finish because they are packed with flavor. Also, they go very well with cocktails. Check out how to make them!
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (200 g) Panko bread crumbs
- 2 pounds (1 kg) jumbo shrimp (peeled, tails should not be removed)
- coconut or vegetable oil for frying (if you don’t have an air fryer)
- Start by peeling the shrimp and cleaning it. Remember to leave the tails intact.
- Get a large bowl and mix the flour with the salt, pepper and paprika. In another bowl beat the eggs. In a third bowl, place the Panko bread crumbs.
- Grab a shrimp and dip into the flour, shake off the excess. Then dip into the eggs, and then press the shrimp into the bread crumbs. Coat it evenly on both sides. Repeat with all the shrimps.
- In the meantime, heat some coconut oil. If you don’t have, you can use vegetable oil as well. Deep-fry the shrimps in the hot oil for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Drain the excess oil with paper towels.
- You can serve them with sauce of your choice and slices of lemon.
You want to know how to “dress” your crispy shrimps? Try turning them into mini tacos. All you have to do is buy your favorite toppings and cut them into small pieces. Arrange them into a small bowl on the table, so everyone can customize their own taco. This is certainly one of the best Mexican appetizers.
Fried Mash Potato Balls recipe
If you ask me, crispy is always better! How to turn your regular mashed potatoes into this crunchy, delicious golden balls? It is actually easier than you think. Speaking of easy, you can also check how to make Antipasto skewers for the party. They will absolutely go perfectly with all the fried food that you are going to serve. Let’s see how to make one of the most simple finger foods for a party.
- 3 cups (360 g) mashed potatoes
- 5 slices of bacon (already cooked and crispy)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups (200 g) Panko read crumbs
- Grab a large bowl and combine the mashed potatoes with the bacon, cheese and the spices. Mix well.
- Place the eggs in one bowl and the Panko in another. Scoop a ball of mashed potatoes and dip it into the eggs, then in the Panko crumbs. Repeat the process to make all the balls.
- Heat 3 inches of oil. Fry the mashed potato balls until golden brown. It should not take more than 2 minutes. Drain the excess oil with towel papers.
- You can serve them with some ketchup, or they go perfectly with ranch as well.