Pumpkin spice latte: How to make the most flavorful autumnal drink at home?
I probably don’t have to ask you which is your favorite drink during fall season. We are all like a bunch of kids waiting in a line in front of our favorite coffee place to get our hands on this deliciousness – pumpkin spice latte. This tasty, spiced, mouthwatering beverage is so famous and so wanted that even Nespresso came up with pumpkin spice latte capsules. However, do we always feel like splurging on the hot coffee? Can we make it at home instead? The answer is yes, and I am going to show you 3 of my most used recipes.
Table of Contents
- Pumpkin spice latte – the seasonal delight
Pumpkin spice latte – the seasonal delight
There is nothing more enjoyable, than waking up in the morning with the smell of hot coffee. Now imagine this, but with hints of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. This is simply a fall fairy tale! What is the good thing about making the coffee at home? First, you are saving time and money, because let’s face it, as delicious as it is the latte is expensive. Second, it is almost impossible for the baristas to know the exact ration of coffee, milk, and sweetener that you like. Third, you can make it completely homemade with the ingredients you are going to use. Essentially, you can make it exactly how you want to. If you enjoy your coffee cold, do not worry! This drink comes in so many forms and ways that you can enjoy it like a cold latte. Let’s get started with the first recipe!
Hot pumpkin spice latte: Just add pumpkin spice and something nice!
What I love to do with my pumpkin spice latte is to make it vegan and use lots and lots of vanilla. Here are the ingredients!
• Vanilla almond milk
• 1/4 tablespoon of pumpkin spice (if you don’t have, simply mix cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg)
• 1/2 tablespoon of canned pumpkin purée (scroll down to see the recipe for a homemade pure)
• 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 1/3 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 or 2 shots of espresso, depending on If you want it stronger
• Wiped cream is optional
1. Start by heating your milk, it doesn’t have to be vegan, you can use a regular milk if you want. In my case I love the vanilla taste, that is why I use this kind for that recipe.
2. While the milk is heating up, mix the coffee and maple syrup.
3. Add in the spices, the vanilla extract and the pumpkin purée.
4. When the milk is hot, but not boiling, pour it over to your coffee mixture.
5. Serve with a wiped cream or on its own with a pinch of spices.
6. Last step is to enjoy!
Iced pumpkin spice latte for the cold drink lovers
Even though we are already in fall season, sometimes I just cannot get rid of my desires for a cold brew or an iced latte. The weather is gloomy and seems perfect for a hot beverage, however if you are an iced coffee lover, and you cannot escape from wanting your summery drinks, how about a pumpkin latte but icy-cold?
• 2 shots of espresso
• 1 cup (240ml) milk (any kind)
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
• 2 teaspoons maple syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
• Of course – Ice
• Secret ingredient – a pinch of Himalayan salt to bring out the pumpkin flavor
1. If you are not going to use a blender, mix everything together except the milk and the ice. The coffee might still be hot so it will help everything blend into the perfect mixture.
2. Put the ice in your glass.
3. Now pour in the hot coffee mixture.
4. Add in the milk.
5. If you have a blender, just blend everything, except the ice. Place the ice into your desired glass and then pour the coffee with the rest of the ingredients.
6. Serve right away and of course, enjoy!
How to make the perfect homemade pumpkin spice sauce for coffee?
You are wondering how to make the creamiest pumpkin spice sauce for coffee entirely from scratch? It is easier than you think. Normally, when making a sauce like that, we are planning to use it in the long run. That is why I like to make it as homemade as possible. That is why I prepare it with a homemade pumpkin purée. You can try our recipe for pumpkin cheesecake. Also, the good thing here is that you can separate it and use the rest of it for other things. You can make smoothies, cookies, muffins and of course a pumpkin pie. It is very beneficial for your health as well. This purée is a great source of fibers, vitamin A, and it is a high antioxidant. Just look at this luminous bright orange, the color speaks for itself! We are not going to waste more time, let’s jump right in!
Ingredients for the homemade pumpkin purée:
• Pumpkins (try finding smaller ones because they are easier to work with)
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F (175 °C).
2. Cut your pumpkin into small pieces and carve out the pumpkin seeds, make sure you keep them since you can roast them later.
3. Place the small piece onto a baking sheet and beak for 45 minutes.
4. Wait for them to cool after taking them out and then peel the skin.
5. Add the piece of pumpkin into your blender with a bit of water and the salt.
6. Blend until smooth.
Ingredients for the pumpkin coffee sauce:
• 1 cup (240 ml) water
• 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup or 1 cup (70 g) brown sugar light
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) homemade pumpkin purée
• 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
• 1/2 tablespoon ginger
1. First, we have to combine the water and the maple syrup (or the brown sugar) in a pan on a medium heat.
2. Next we have to add in all of our spices. Keep in mind that it should be evenly distributed.
3. Then we add in our homemade pumpkin purée. Make sure to mix well until smooth and then remove from the heat.