Beef and noodle recipes vary from salads to main dishes and we have selected some of the best ones which will help you serve delicious meals to your family and friends. When choosing noodles you have different options – Buckwheat flour noodles, egg or rice noodles, soba, etc. It depends on your personal preferences and taste which type of noodles you will choose.
Beef and noodle salad with Sichuan dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light soy sauce
- 600g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 200g dry rice noodles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh leaves of Thai basil
- 1/2 bunch spring onions
- 100g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 long red chili, sliced
- Grind Sichuan pepper, garlic and lime zest to a paste. Add 2 tbs soy sauce and rub the paste over the beef. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and cool.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add half the meat and cook for 3-4 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef, adding another 1 tbs oil. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes, loosely covered with foil.
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, lime juice, beef resting juices and remaining 1 tbs soy and oil.
- Toss noodles, beef, dressing and all remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Plate in bowls and serve.
Beef salad with glass noodles
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 1 cucumber
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 8 slices rare roast beef cut into thick strips
- 2 tbsp fried shallots to garnish
- Chilli lime dressing:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 pieces (50g) palm sugar finely grated
- 1 small fresh red chili seeds removed, finely chopped
- Place noodles in a bowl. Cover with cold water and let stand for 20 to 25 minutes, or until translucent and tender. Drain and cut into short lengths.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small jug until sugar has dissolved.
- Cut cucumber in half, scrape out and discard seeds, then slice it thinly.
- In a large bowl mix noodles, salad leaves, tomatoes, onion, herbs, beef and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve salad garnished with fried shallots.
Vietnamese noodle and beef salad
Thin rice noodles
- 3 tbsp minced lemongrass
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 lb sliced beef steak
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Fresh Salad Vegetables:
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Pickled daikon and carrots
- Chopped mint
- Bean sprouts
- Shredded cucumbers
Fish sauce dressing:
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Mix in together the marinade ingredients and marinate the meat for 30 minutes
- Mix together the dressing ingredients until sugar dissolves:
- Cook the noodles, drain, let cool.
- In a pan add some olive oil and when hot, stir fry the beef and onions. Remove when golden brown.
- In a large bowl mix the noodles, fresh vegetables and herbs, meat and dressing. Toss to combine.
- Plate and garnish with mint leaves.
Beef and noodle soup recipes
Mushroom, beef and noodle soup
- ½ ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1½ cups chopped celery
- 1½ cups chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1½ cups chopped onion
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or flank steak, trimmed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole-wheat egg noodles, cooked
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley or dill for garnish
- Place porcini in a bowl, add boiling water and soak for 10 minutes until soft, then strain, reserving the liquid. Chop the porcini and set aside.
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium heat and cook celery, carrots and garlic, stirring frequently, until soft. Transfer to a bowl. Add cremini and onion; cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until browned. Transfer to the bowl.
- Add steak to the pot and cook on medium-high, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, add tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds. Stir in the porcini and liquid, reserved vegetables, broth, turnip, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf. Stir in the noodles.
Spicy beef and noodles soup
For stewing the beef
- 600g / 21 oz beef, cut in cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Sichuan chili bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1500ml / 6.5 cups hot water
- 1 thumb-sized ginger
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut in sections
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star-anise
- 1 small piece Chinese cinnamon
- 10 Sichuan pepper
- 1 pinch fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 portions noodles
- Spinach (or pak choi / bok choy)
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- In a pot, blanch beef cubes in boiling water to remove any impurities. Drain and put the beef back into the pot.
- Heat up oil in a wok or a deep frying pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, Sichuan chili bean paste and chili powder. Cook until fragrant. Be careful not to burn them. Pour in water. Cover and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into the beef pot. Add ginger, spring onion and all the other spices. Bring the soup to a boil then simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours. When cooked, discard the ginger, spring onion and spices.
- Cook the noodles in a clean pot with plenty of water. At the end of the process, quickly blanch spinach (or pak choi) in the same pot. Drain and rinse under cold water for a few seconds.
- Place the noodles and spinach in serving bowls. Pour in the broth then place the beef on top. Sprinkle coriander to garnish. Serve warm.
Sesame beef and noodles stir-fry
- 200g egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 750g Beef Rump steak, thinly sliced
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook the noodles following packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small jug.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the beef for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat in batches with the remaining beef.
- Add the mushrooms and broccolini stems to the wok or pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Return the beef to the wok or pan with the soy sauce mixture, broccolini florets, spring onion, pak choy and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Beef and noodle stir fry
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
- 8 ounces rice noodles, prepared for stir fry according to package instructions
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 8 ounces broccolini, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Sesame seeds (for garnish, optional)
- sliced green onion (for garnish, optional)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (more or less to taste)
- Soak rice noodles, drain and set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large high sided pan or wok heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. When hot, add the beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until getting brown. Remove from pan and drain off any excess liquid, wipe or rinse pan if needed.
- Return pan to heat and allow any excess moisture to evaporate. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan. When hot, add onion and cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add carrots and broccoli, cook for another 2 minutes.
- When vegetables are crisp tender and broccoli is bright green, add the sauce and noodles. Stir to mix and coat everything in the sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and noodles have slightly softened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion if desired and serve.
Ground beef and noodle casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz noodles, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add ground beef, onions, garlic, salt, and black pepper to a large skillet and cook until the beef is browned. Stir in sugar and tomato sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream. In casserole dish, layer 1/3 noodles, 1/3 cream mix, and 1/3 meat sauce. Repeat twice. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Asian style ground beef, noodles and rice casserole
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10 3/4oz each) cream of mushroom soup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 ½ cup frozen pea and carrot mixture
- 1 can (5 oz) chow mein noodles (crunchy rice noodles)
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned. Add in chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Prepare a casserole dish by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Pour beef mixture into casserole dish. Stir in uncooked rice and water chestnuts.
- Cover dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in peas and carrots. Top with crunchy noodles and bake for an additional 15 minutes.