Vegan Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake Balls – A Healthy Alternative for a Childhood Favorite Snack!
The raspberry Zingers are a classic sweet snack that’s become a guilty pleasure for generations of sugar lovers! They have that soft cupcake texture that’s a delight to bite into, and the soft creamy center is like a little reward! As delicious as this snack may be, it’s definitely not among the healthiest ones. But what if I told you there’s a super simple way to make a healthier version at home that you can indulge in guilt-free? Here’s my favorite recipe for vegan raspberry zinger poke cake balls!
Table of Contents
How to Make Vegan Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake Balls?
What I love about these particular cakes is that because they’re made into balls it makes it super easy to carry them around. You can pack them in your kid’s lunch, take them to work, a picnic in the park – and there’s no mess! They taste just as good as they look, and they’re so healthy I can eat them every day and feel no shame about it! Here’s how to make them yourself:
Ingredients for the Cake:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup carbonated water
- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for the Filling:
- a cup of organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract (not mandatory)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 ml almond milk
Preparing the Cake and the Filling
First, you’re going to need two mini muffins pans. Take a little bit of vegan butter and oil every cupcake slot. Once the pans are oiled up and ready, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In the meantime, here’s how you make the zinger cakes:
- Cream the butter in a bowl by slowly adding the sugar and vanilla extract.
- In a different bowl mix 1/2 cup of the almond milk and the carbonated water.
- Once the concoction is ready, add it to the buttercream mixture.
- In a third bowl, mix together the flour, the baking powder, and the salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the first bowl with the milk and buttercream.
- Add the remaining almond milk and stir until you get a homogenous mixture.
- With a tablespoon take little bits from the mixture and shape little balls.
- Place the balls into the mini muffin pans and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once they’re baked until light brown, take them out and let them cool.
Making the Filling:
- Cream the butter with the powdered sugar.
- As you’re stirring, add the almond, orange, and vanilla extract.
- Finally, add the almond milk and stir until you get a thick, creamy icing.
Assembling the Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake Balls
Once you’ve baked your cakes, and prepared the filling, comes one final step! Assembling the zinger cakes! Here’s how you do it:
Ingredients for the Cake Dip:
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Take an icing bag with a star tip and pour the icing into it.
- Gently push the tip into the top of each cake and push a tiny amount of the icing inside.
- Put the raspberry jam in a small pan over medium heat.
- Once the jam has melted, remove it from the stove.
- With a fork, take each ball and dip it into the melted raspberry jam.
- After that, dip each ball into the coconut flakes. Make sure they’re covered from all sides.
Your healthy vegan raspberry zinger poke cake balls are ready to be devoured!
Read also: Low-Carb Vegan Raspberry Mousse – The Perfect Summer Dessert to Add to Your Keto Diet!