Long hair is beautiful in itself and is often a source of pride for its owners. The most romantic hairstyles are created when the hair is long, because many different styling techniques can be applied. In today’s article, we will look at the current trends when it comes to romantic hairstyles for long hair. We will also show how you can quickly and easily achieve a beautiful and feminine hairstyle in a few simple steps. Finally, we have prepared a great gallery with many ideas for romantic hairstyles for you to get inspired by and delight your partner with one of them on Valentine’s Day!
Table of Contents
Romantic hairstyles for long hair: Current trends
Romantic hairstyles for long hair are always a combination of classics and current trends. We’ll let you know what is best to have in mind in order to get a feminine, romantic hairstyle that looks trendy and youthful at the same time. Top trends in 2023 are:
- Nice romantic waves – No doubt, wavy hair is very feminine. Often, thanks to beautiful waves you can achieve a delightful hairstyle. Whether you use a round brush when drying or a curling iron, we leave that up to you to decide.
- Beautiful curls – A woman with curls will always be the center of attention and will impress others with her romantic and feminine image. Curls are the foundation of romantic hairstyles, and we advise you not to underestimate them! Of course, we are not all blessed to have naturally curly hair, but these days there are many ways to recreate it.
- High and low ponytails – Think ponytails aren’t romantic? Think again! 2023 shows us that they can make a woman look extremely feminine, especially when properly paired with the right hair accessories.
- Bun hairstyles – There’s no giving up the top spot when we’re talking romance! If you opt for a bun hairstyle when going out for a romantic dinner at a restaurant, you simply can’t go wrong! To look even more feminine and flirty, leave some hair around your face.
- Classic Braids – They make any hairstyle instantly more romantic, just think about it! If you’ve mastered any of the classic braid techniques, then boldly apply them, because they give the hairstyle an irresistibly feminine and delicate touch that can rarely be achieved with anything else. Even if you only braid your hair into a simple or French braid and add some beautiful accessories, you’ll be totally ready to conquer men’s hearts!
- Voluminous styles – Romantic hairstyles should be voluminous and there is no other option! But how to achieve volume? Of course, through curls or waves. That’s why we mentioned to you that they are very important!
- Hair accessories – Depending on how formal the event you are going to attend is, you might consider if it would be appropriate to use a beautiful hair accessory to complement your hairstyle.
Easy romantic hairstyles: Step-by-step instructions with photos
We’ve prepared some easy romantic hairstyles for long hair that you can do yourself at home. They are supported by step-by-step instructions as well as photos. Make sure your hair is wavy or curly to make the hairstyle even more voluminous and feminine. Also, each of the hairstyles can be complemented by a beautiful hair accessory, in case you have and want to use one.
Inverted ponytail – simple and elegant hairstyle
Looking for a simple hairstyle that looks very stylish and feminine? Then, go for the inverted ponytail. It may be familiar to more of you, but it’s definitely worth keeping in mind because it will save you a lot of time and the result is amazing. Let’s see how to make it:
- Gather your hair into a low ponytail and tie it with an elastic.
- Make the ponytail loose enough.
- Using your index finger and thumb, punch a hole through the hair, so that the space above the elastic is split in two.
- Take your ponytail and grab it with your thumb and index finger, and then pull the ponytail through.
Bohemian half-up half-down hairstyle
Do you love Bohemian style? If so, why not create an easy romantic hairstyle inspired by it? In that case, we simply can’t do without braids. Even if you’re not particularly good at braiding, the easiest type of braid you know will do a great job. Let’s take a look at the hairstyle and how to do it at home:
- Comb your hair well.
- Take a section of your hair from one side and braid it. Secure it with an elastic. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Start pulling your hair outwards to make the braids more voluminous.
- Take one braid and secure it with a bobby pin at the back of your head. Repeat with the other braid, but in the opposite direction so that it stands over the one that is already secured.
- Make sure the bobby pins are not visible.
Romantic hairstyles – Photo Gallery
Braided feminine hairstyle
Bubble braid half-up hair
Romantic hairstyle for long with hair accessories
Gorgeous hairstyle for wedding
Cute Bohemian half-up for Valentine’s Day
Romantic hairstyle, long dark hair
How to make voluminous high ponytail
Hairstyle for a formal event
Beautiful braided hairstyle
Low ponytail for platinum blonde hair
Stunning hairstyle for long hair