Rosemary Water for Hair: Try This Easy Homemade Spray for Healthy, Scented and Strong Locks
When it comes to hair care, it’s a good option to lookout for natural remedies that can help nourish, strengthen, and promote vitality and growth of your locks. One such valuable substance that has gained popularity is rosemary water for hair. Rosemary is a herb that has been used for centuries for the numerous benefits of its essential oil. As it’s famous for its ability to stimulate hair growth and improve scalp health. In this regard, today we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of rosemary water for hair and how to apply it for optimal results.
Table of Contents
How to Use Rosemary Water for Hair Health?
There are three main approaches to use rosemary water improving hair health, depending on your hair type and the specific individual needs. Here are some of the most efficient methods:
+Scalp massage. Mix a 3–4 drops of rosemary essential oil with 1 cup (250 ml) water and massage the mixture into your scalp for a few minutes. Doing this, you stimulate blood circulation, promote hair growth and reduce dandruff, if you have any.
+Hair rinse. Poured over the hair after shampooing, and massaging it into your scalp, this treatment nourishes and strengthens your locks, as well as reduces dandruff and excess oil production from the scalp.
+Leave-in conditioner. It’s made from equal parts of rosemary water (see the recipe for its preparation below) and aloe vera gel. Application of this mixture to your hair, focusing on the ends, reduces frizz and promotes your lock’s shine.
How Often to Use Rosemary Water for Hair?
When talking about rosemary use, someone who wants to achieve fast improvement to the hair health, may ask: “Can I spray rosemary water on my hair every day?” While rosemary water is generally safe for use, it’s not recommended to spray it every day. Its overuse can lead to dryness, irritation, and even hair damage. It’s best to apply rosemary water as a weekly treatment. The frequency with which you should use this natural remedy depends on your hair type and the particular problem you are trying to solve. In most cases, you should apply hair rinse or leave-in rosemary conditioner to your locks once a week. However, if you have oily hair or scalp, it’s advisable to use it 2 times a week to help control excess oil production.
Preparing Rosemary Water for Hair Growth Recipe
If you wish to promote your hair growth and improve scalp health, try making a DIY rosemary water at home. Here is the recipe and the instructions how to do it:
- 1 cup (240 g) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups (500 ml) of water
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot and then reduce the heat.
- Add the rosemary sprigs to the hot water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let the rosemary water for an hour to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the rosemary fusion and mix the ingredients well.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a spray bottle.
Now it’s time to spray your rosemary water onto your hair and scalp. Then massage gently and leave it there for a few minutes before rinsing with water. You may store your rosemary water in the refrigerator for a month, and use it once or twice a week for optimal results.
Vitalizing Mint and Rosemary Water for Hair Rinse
Mint and rosemary water rinse after shower will give you a refreshing and invigorating hair view. This procedure also promotes healthy locks and scalp. Here’s the way how to make your homemade solution with mint and rosemary:
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 cups (950 ml) of water
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the mint leaves and rosemary sprigs and reduce the heat.
- Simmer the mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Let the mint and rosemary water to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve.
Rinse your hair with this infusion after shampooing. You may use this mint and rosemary water right away, or store into a jug or bowl in the refrigerator for a month.
What are the Benefits of Rosemary Water for Hair?
Rosemary water, as a natural and effective remedy, has several healthy benefits for your hair and scalp:
- Promoting hair growth. Rosemary water contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that help in stimulating hair to grow.
- Reducing dandruff. The antifungal and antimicrobial properties of rosemary water reduce the dandruff and other scalp irritations.
- Controlling oil production. Rosemary water can control excess oil production on the scalp, which leads to greasy hair and clogged pores.
- Strengthening hair. The nutrients and antioxidants in rosemary water strengthen the hair and reduce breakage.
- Vibrant and shiny hair look. Rosemary water helps to revive your hair, leaving it shiny, healthy and vibrant.