Things to make with leftover turkey: Best easy and simple leftover turkey recipes of all time!
For me, it is always a must to prepare all the traditional food for Thanksgiving. Having my family over is among my favorite things. They love tasty food, which means that they are my critics that I absolutely have to impress. From the appetizers, to the turkey and deserts, my dishes have to be absolutely unforgettable every year. However, what I did not learn how to do is pick the right size turkey. I always tend to pick them bigger than needed. But, that means I have tones of leftovers for other delicious recipes. What things we can make with leftover turkey? Keep on reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
Things to make with leftover turkey: Easy and tasty recipes
Do you know that leftover turkey taste even better? Another great thing is that you can do so many great dishes with it and get really creative. You can substitute your regular chicken salads, pastas, or anything else with the delicious, savory Thanksgiving turkey. Heating up and eating your leftover Thanksgiving diner can become boring. Let’s see how to transform the turkey into these mouth-watering recipes.
1. Loaded nachos with turkey
The FIFA World Cup is already started, and we are all very excited. If you are looking for what to do with your leftover turkey, why not turn it into the perfect soccer party snack? You can enjoy this easy recipe with the entire family, and it will not take more than 10 minutes to prepare. These nachos go perfectly well with a beer. You can find more inspiration on what snacks go well with the golden drink. Now let’s see the ingredients for this recipe!
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- a red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 (120 g) grated Cheddar cheese
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 6 slices of bacon (chopped)
- jalapeños (optional, if you like spicy food)
- leftover turkey
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, on a medium heat, put a little bit of oil. Add your leftover turkey with the salt, paprika, cumin, and black pepper. Cook until the turkey is covered with the spices. It should not take more than 3 to 4 minutes since your turkey is already cooked.
- Remove the turkey from the skillet and let it on the side for a bit. In the same skillet cook the chopped slices of bacon, until crispy.
- Place the tortilla chips on a platter. Put the turkey on the tortilla chips, then add the bacon.
- Add the chopped shallot, red pepper, and fresh parsley. Then add the corn.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Put the nachos in the oven for about 3 to 4 minutes (you can use your microwave as well), or until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy with a cold beer!
2. Turkey stuffed lettuce wraps
If you are planning on making a healthy snack, or try another approach when making a salad, try these lettuce wraps. These lettuce cups became very popular recently and people try to create various combinations of flavors. Now, we are going to try them with our leftover turkey. Let’s see how to make them!
- leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup (50 g) shredded carrots
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup (50 g) mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons gravy sauce
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 12 butter lettuce leaves (you can also use Iceberg)
- In a skillet, on a medium heat, cook the carrots, mushrooms, shallot, red pepper and the garlic. Cook until they are soft.
- Next, add in the turkey with the gravy sauce and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Grab your butter lettuce leaves and fill them in with the stuffing. Sprinkle with the chopped scallions and enjoy!
3. Friends “Moist maker” sandwich—Ross Galler favorite recipe
You want to know how to make the Friends famous Moist maker sandwich? Let’s see how from this 50 seconds video. There is a reason why, the character Ross Galler, was so made someone ate his sandwich. It is moist, delicious, and so flavorful. “That sandwich was the only good thing going on in my life!”, imagine if this is how someone felt for a sandwich, then it must be worth it. The ingredients you are going to need are bread, cranberry sauce, leftover turkey, gravy, stuffing, mayo, tomatoes, and lettuce. Prepare your sandwiches and let’s go watch a Friends Thanksgiving episode!
Other ideas on things to make with leftover turkey
Other ideas I can give you on what to make with your leftover turkey is to make different types of salads. You can make your regular Cesar salad into a turkey salad. You can also make turkey Sheppard’s pie, or a soup. Try making a leftover Thanksgiving casserole. It is easy, and you can incorporate almost all of your leftover food. You can make all of your ideal recipes, but try adding the turkey in them. Get creative and experiment!