Winter cocktails: What are the top 5 drinks you can make in the cold season?
How to keep up the mood during the cold weather in the winter? You need to make winter cocktails! They are the perfect thing to make you feel warm and put you in a festive mood with all the holidays coming up. There are difference recipes that will compliment your winter dishes. Delicious, easy to make and spice, the winter cocktails will leave you feeling cozy and cheerful. Let’s check out the best recipes for this winter season!
Table of Contents
Winter cocktails: Find the best recipes to keep up you warm!
What do winter cocktails include? Just anything that might remind you of the season! Cinnamon, cranberries, pomegranates, spiced rum, these are just a few of the ingredients that will transport you to a winter fairytale. When making these types of cocktails at home, you can use your favorite components and alcohol to create the perfect recipes. Today I am going to show you my ideal cocktails to make when I feel cold and dull. They can fix that straight one with the first delicious sip! Check out how to make them!
Tiramisu White Russian cocktail
Tiramisu White Russian cocktail is a little bit different from the White Russian cocktail we all know. It is made with rum and the perfect blend of spices and cream. It is sweet, delicious, and very easy to make. Check out the ingredients list!
Description: sweet, spicy, elegant
- 2 ounces (60 ml) cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Kahlua
- 2 ounces (60 ml) dark rum
- espresso powder to garnish
- cocoa powder to garnish
- ladyfinger cookie to decorate
- cinnamon stick to garnish
- Grab a large bowl, pour the heavy cream and the sugar inside and start whisking them. You can use a whisk or a mixer. The cream should thicken which should take not more than 3 or 4 minutes.
- Fill your glasses with ice if you want. Add the Kahlua and the rum and still well until combined.
- Pour the whipped cream into the glass using a spoon, and try to smooth the top of the drink. Sprinkle with the espresso and cocoa powder.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a ladyfinger cookie. Enjoy the sweet taste combined with the spaciness of the rum.
Winter cocktails ideas: Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour
This cocktail still carries the spirit of Thanksgiving because of the cranberry flavor, however combined with whiskey and oranges it will take you to a wintery magical place. With its ingredients combination you will get the best taste of season fruits that compliment the spiciness of the whiskey. The best part is that if you still store some cranberry sauce leftovers, you can use. Check out how to make one of the signature winter cocktails!
Description: warm, spicy, refreshing
- 1/4 cups (60 ml) cranberry syrup
- 2 ounces (60 ml) whiskey
- 1/4 cups (60 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 ounces (60 ml) ginger beer
- orange slices for garnish
- cranberries for garnish
- First if you have some leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, heat it up on medium heat until you reach a syrup texture. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- In a cocktail shaker, put some ice, the cranberry syrup, the whiskey and the orange juice. Shake well.
- Fill your glass with ice and strain the mixture inside the glass. Add the ginger beer.
- Top it off with the orange slices and cranberries.
If you are a fan of the whiskey, you are going to love this one! The Irish Mule is the perfect cocktail if you want something simple, yet flavorful. It will only take 3 ingredients to prepare this delicious winter drink! Check them out now!
Description: bubbly, light, spicy
- 2 ounces (60 ml) Irish whiskey
- 1 ounce (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 ounces (120 ml) ginger beer
- lime slices mint to garnish
- cinnamon stick to add more spice
You will absolutely need a copper mug for the full effect! Fill it up with ice and pour the whiskey. Add the lime juice and then finish it with ginger beer. Garnish with some lime slices and mint. You can add a cinnamon stick for that extra spice that we all need in the winter!
Espresso Martini: one of the best winter cocktails
I am pretty sure most of us here are coffee lovers. If we can blend our favorite hot beverage and one of the best cocktails together, we can get one of the best winter cocktails to ever exist! The taste is incomparable! If you are like me and one cocktail can get you really sleepy, the Espresso Martini will do the opposite. You will stay wide awake and ready for the party! Check out how to make it!
Description: rich, creamy, intriguing
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 ounce (30 ml) Kahlua
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 ounce (45 ml) vodka
- espresso or cocoa powder to sprinkle on top
Add all the ingredients in your cocktail shaker and add ice. Shake well until completely mixed. The espresso should be cold and there should be foam. Strain in into your martini glass and sprinkle with espresso or cocoa powder.
Winter cocktails ideas: Amaretto sour
Amaretto liqueur has this nutty winter taste. When adding it to your winter cocktail, you will add flavor and sweetness. Amaretto sour is a very trendy cocktail, and you can try making it for your Christmas dinner this year. Let’s find out the ingredients now!
Description: aromatic, nutty, sweet, spicy
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) egg white
- 1 1/2 ounces (45 ml) bourbon
- 3/4 ounces (20 ml) Amaretto liqueur
- 3/4 ounces (20 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- a splash of Angostura bitters
- dried oranges for decoration, or you can just use fresh orange slices
Start by whisking the egg white. In a cocktail shaker add ice, and the rest of the ingredients. Shake for about 1 minute. Fill your glass with ice and strain the cocktail into the glass. Garnish with dried orange slices. You can also use Maraschino cherries.