For all passionate gardeners who have not either enough money for garden design or little time, we have prepared some tips on how to create an affordable garden design and give your garden a modern look. All you need is an area under the open sky and lots of imagination. Before you begin, you should be aware that an artfully designed garden requires a lot of care and time.
Creative and affordable garden design – 10 Tips
All elements of the affordable garden design should be planned to save time and money
1. If you know exactly what you want, you can really find the cheapest option for garden design. You should think carefully about how you want to use your garden and how much time you are willing to invest in its maintenance. First plan how the garden will look and buy what you need afterwards. For those who want to craft everything by themselves – that’s just one of the cheap idea, but also costs a lot of time.
Garden art and design
2. Did you want a designer garden with original elements, decorations and unique design? For the people who would spend more money it would be better a professional designer to draw up the garden design.
Advice from a pro
3. A consultation with the garden experts could always be useful – with your rough ideas and his expertise would definitely come all kinds of surprising result in the garden design. The garden care from a professional may be limited to the seasonal work.
Outdoor garden ideas
4. It is advisable no to buy everything at once. Make a list of all elements and decorations that you need and calculate the average cost per week that you could spend. Everything you need, which is not urgent, may also be bought later. During this time, you would have the opportunity to consider your ideas for an affordable garden design again.
Ideas for the garden fence
5. Affordable does not necessarily mean cheap. Choose the better, and not necessarily cheap.
6. Designing a garden is a bit of a challenge. Use natural materials – both for the patio, as well as for the decorations – wood, metal and stone are especially appropriate. An old tree stump can become a small side table. A romantic stone path from river stones and sand can lead to the patio. For example, creative ways of a pond implementation must be found.
Demanding or easy-care plants?
7. If you want to plant any demanding plant species – exotic ones, for example, the soil must meet certain requirements.
8. A wise long-term investment are the evergreen plant species, for example-the most durable and easy to clean.
9. Trend is the design based on the model of a foreign culture. Asian gardens for the most part require more care than other known garden styles. So if you want to make a feng shui garden or Japanese Zen garden, you should expect that they need special attention.
Pond with river stones
10. In your own garden you could combine individual elements of different garden types.