Capsule wardrobe for travel 2023: Travel light, but with countless outfit options!
How often do you have to travel? Even if it’s not as often as you’d like, you need to be prepared when it comes to packing. We’ve all been faced with the dilemma of whether to bring EVERYTHING we need, or travel light. But how often does it happen that you forget something for a certain outfit and then it all falls through because the item was essential? Well, today I am here to give you a tip on how to travel with minimal luggage and at the same time have countless great outfits for your trip! How will this happen you ask? Well, let’s try to create capsule wardrobe 2023 for travel!
Table of Contents
Capsule wardrobe for travel: Travel light, but with countless outfit options!
I know how tricky it can be to get the right outfit when traveling. So with a lot of thoughts in our head, such as what the weather will be like, what type of trip it is, what Instagram photos we will take, we often forget that we don’t need to carry heavy luggage with no options that will prevent us from enjoying our vacation to the fullest. Who wants to spend time thinking about what to wear instead of exploiting the new place they are in? Here comes the great advice: create yourself a capsule wardrobe for the trip! What is this exactly? Let’s find out!
What is a capsule wardrobe?
Have you heard of the saying that “less is more”? This comes in full force when we are talking about capsule wardrobe. The minimalistic lifestyle is becoming more trendy this year not only when it comes to decoration, but also clothing, hairstyle, nails, etc. In this context, it’s been a while since we come across a lot of articles on the subject of capsule wardrobe. But what is it exactly? As mentioned above, we’re talking about a small collection of MUST-HAVE pieces of clothing that can be worn and combined in many ways. With that being said, you can create one for each season! In that way, you are going to have countless outfits to choose from and you will not end up with nothing to wear. You can apply this method when traveling as well.
Why should we choose this method?
The idea of the travel capsule wardrobe is to spend less time wondering what to wear, instead of enjoying your trip. It’s a kind of sartorial minimalism that encourages us to own fewer clothes and therefore spend less. The only requirement? Invest in trendy and practical clothes that fit us perfectly. The capsule dressing is even more effective when we create it ourselves! It is practical, it will allow you to travel light and it will save you money!
How to make a travel capsule wardrobe?
When packing your luggage, what is the trip that you are planning. Once you know the purpose, you will know how many outfits you are going to need for each day of the trip. Keep in mind that this is essential. Another great advice is to grab yourself a planner or a notebook, and simply write down the outfits you are going to need. Then what you need to do is:
- Pack basic tops and basic bottoms that you can match together. For example, grab a simple white shirt, or a basic tee and your favorite pair of jeans. For an elegant look, you can pack pants that are a basic color, which will help you wear it with different type of tops. You can scroll down and watch the video for more inspiration!
- Pack layers, meaning that you should consider a jacket or a blazer, depending on where you’re going. What I can recommend here is that if you have a trench coat 2023, you should absolutely take it with you. An iconic piece like the trench can be matched with elegant or casual looks. Whatever you decide to take, it should be in a neutral color.
- Consider packing light shoes, which will be comfortable to wear if you are planning on walking a lot. They are going to be easier to carry in your luggage as well.
- Keep in mind that fabrics will play a huge role in the travel capsule wardrobe. Choose something that is coordinated to the season, and that will stay fresh for a longer period of time.
- Focus on the color palette. Choose colors that are perfect to wear together (think about the Insta photos) and that look absolutely trendy!
How to create this packing method?
Of course, nobody expects you to learn how to create a travel capsule wardrobe right away. That is why this video is here inspire you, check out some spring must-haves to add to your smart wardrobe, if necessary. Enjoy the video and thank us later! And if you want more packing advice, check out how to pack your suitcase according to Marie Kondo!