Steaming potatoes are the healthier alternative to the traditional fried ones, as they save more of their natural nutrients and have a lower fat content. Moreover, they contain fewer calories, and can be easily seasoned with a variety of fall herbs, spices, and flavorings. How to cook them in crockpot, reaching rich and flavored taste, and the specific golden surface color?
Preparation of Coated in Goldish, Steamed Seasoned Potatoes
- potatoes – 10 pcs.
- Greek seasoning for fried potatoes – 1 tsp.
- herbs – rosemary, thyme, oregano, chives
- salt – to taste
- oil – 2 tbsp.
Incorporating steamed potatoes into your dinner can be part of a balanced meal. Pair them with a protein source, such as grilled tofu or chicken, and a variety of vegetables for a full-fledged dinner. By controlling the amount of portions and choosing healthy oils, you can enjoy the deliciousness of fried potatoes without compromising your health and the quality of sleep. To maintain variety in your diet, next evening you may plan to perform another fall diner recipe, but this time with rice, chicken, spinach and mushrooms.
How to Make Them?
- Peel and wash the potatoes very well.
- Cut the large ones into smaller pieces and put in a bowl.
- Cover with water and refrigerate for 30 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Sprinkle with the Greek seasoning, herbs, and roll very well.
- Let them stand for 10 minutes, then add the oil and roll them very well again.
- Let stand for another 10 min.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 min at 180 degrees.
- Place the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer.
- Fry for 20 min. on the fries program at 200 degrees.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Fry for a further 5 minutes on the same program.
- Remove and sprinkle with salt to taste.