Sous vide egg bites are very popular at Starbucks, but not everyone has such a device at home. We shall give you some excellent ideas and egg white bites recipes that you can prepare in the oven or in an Instant Pot.
Why egg white bites are so popular? On the first place, because they are delicious, easy to cook and you can add ingredients like vegetables or meat. In addition, they are the perfect low-carb breakfast and can be a part of your meal plan for keto and Mediterranean diets. Besides being a healthy breakfast, egg white bites can be a quick and easy snack, even a party appetizer, instead of Deviled eggs.
Table of Contents
What are the Benefits of Egg White?
Without chicken eggs, it is impossible to imagine the menu of a modern person. They are included in the composition of bakery products, pastries, cakes, etc. From omelettes to heart shaped eggs, fried, poached, scrambled – eggs are the favorite breakfast of many!
Eggs can be found in the refrigerator of every housewife. They are an extremely useful product for the human body. Egg white is source of very high quality protein and does not contain fats and cholesterol. In terms of vitamin D content, egg white is only slightly inferior to fish oil. It also contains: choline, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, D, E, essential minerals: calcium, zinc, manganese, iron, etc. Egg white is a powerful immune booster and has the ability to neutralize the negative impact of the external environment.
Oven Baked Egg White Bites Recipe
- 9 egg whites
- ½ red bell pepper
- 3 ounces/ 85g cottage cheese
- 1ounce/ 30g spinach
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 360F / 180C. Grease a muffin tin.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Pour into a muffin tin, leaving a little room for them to expand.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 to 30 minutes until the tops start to brown and the egg bites are cooked through.
- Let cool slightly before removing from the tin.
Easy Egg White Bites
- 12 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded cheese of your choice
- 8 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat your oven to 360F / 180C and lightly spray a 12 spot silicone mold with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the milk and season lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Stir in your cheese, cherry tomatoes, black olives, green onions, and parsley.
- Whisk well to combine and divide your mixture equally among the cups of the silicone mold.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let your egg bites cool for a couple of minutes before popping out the molds.
Mushroom and Spinach Egg White Bites Recipe
- 12 egg whites
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms; thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 360F / 180C. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a medium frying pan to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add spinach and mushrooms and cook about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Evenly divide the spinach and mushrooms into 12 muffin tins.
- Equally divide the shredded cheese into the 12 muffin pan and then pour the egg whites equally over the cheese. Sprinkle the tops with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the bites are set.
- Serve immediately.
Instant Pot Ham and Cheese Egg White Bites
- 7 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons thick yogurt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup diced ham
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Whisk the egg whites, yogurt, and mustard in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Spray the egg bites mold with cooking oil spray.
- Pour the egg whites mixture into the prepared silicone mold.
- Place a trivet in the Instant pot, add 1 cup of cold water and place the egg mold inside.
- Cover the pan loosely with foil.
- Close Instant Pot lid. Turn the valve to sealing.
- Press Manual or Pressure Cooker button (depending on your model) and set the cook time to 10 minutes. Use default High Pressure. Depending on your Instant Pot model, it’ll take around 4-6 minutes to come to pressure.
- Once Instant Pot beeps, do a Natural Pressure Release for 5 minutes. That means do nothing for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes are done, do a Quick Release.
- Carefully remove the egg bites mold from electric pressure cooker and remove the foil. Let them sit for a few minutes until they deflate and cool a bit.