It’s not an easy task to prepare dinner after a busy workday. The whole family will gather around the table and they all will need a delicious and nutritious meal. At the same time, dinner should be light enough before the night sleep. It’s obviously a tricky task that seems almost impossible to be fulfilled. Although, what would you say, if somebody offered you recipes for healthy evening dishes that are ready in minutes? And if suggests that you try to involve the children in the preparation of the dinner? Probably, the task of making an evening meal would seem much easier. That’s exactly our goal as we show you some quick healthy dinner ideas on this page.
Table of Contents
Bagel pizza, a fair example for healthy dinner ideas for kids
The bagel pizza is ideal not only for children, but also for their parents, if they are still kids-at-heart. Making this recipe is great fun, and the kids could help with pleasure. What’s more, the cooking of bagel pizza takes only 10 minutes!
- 2 plain bagels cut in half
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup (100 ml) marinara sauce
- 7–8 mushrooms
- 2 green peppers, other vegetables (possible)
- 10-12 black olives
- 15 pieces (30 g) pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Meanwhile, scoop a small trench on the surface of the bagels. Fill each of the bagels with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce.
- Then cover the bagels with the shredded mozzarella.
- At last, add the green peppers, mushrooms, olives and other vegetables cut into pieces, if desired.
- Place the prepared bagels on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes.
Snap peas with brown butter and chives, for a light supper
This simple recipe is among the light healthy dinner ideas that might be appreciated by lovers of harmless and easy evening meals. It really answers the question of what is a healthy late dinner. Our tasty suggestion is good for your stomach before bedtime, and at the same time it is quick to prepare – it takes only 25 minutes! So perfect, even if you are tired after a hard day at work!
- 1 lb. (450 g) trimmed snap peas
- ¼ cup (4 tsp.) unsalted butter
- 3 tsp. canola oil
- kosher salt, ground black pepper
- sliced fresh chives
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook.
- Stir a little, while it’s foaming and begins getting slightly brown.
- Divide the snap pear in batches.
- First, pour 1 ½ teaspoons of canola oil in a cast-iron skillet and heat. Cook the first batch of the snap peas in a single layer for 3 to 4 minutes, without stirring, until it blackens a little.
- Then move the snap peas to a plate and season with the kosher salt and the black pepper.
- Finish, drizzling with the melted butter and garnishing with the chives.
Rice with spinach, goat cheese, and egg for an early dinner
Balanced and rich in protein, this recipe will complete your list of healthy dinner ideas for your family. This delicious and quick meal takes just half an hour to prepare. Low in calories, it is ideal for the healthy food fans. Vitamin K, vitamin A, folic acid, iron, manganese, magnesium from the spinach – all this wealth of substances just in one dish!
- 1 ½ cups (250 g) wild or brown rice
- 6 ¾ cups (200 g) baby spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp ground pepper
- Lightly fry the chopped onion in heated oil.
- Add the rinsed rice and fry a little.
- Then add pepper, salt and water. Cook the rice until it softens.
- At last, add the rinsed spinach leaves, pressed garlic cloves, the goat cheese and mix.
- Finally, boil the eggs, peel and cut them into pieces and garnish the rice with them.
Healthy dinner ideas for the family: Asian salmon salad
Tasty and nutritious meal for fish lovers, hot Asian salmon salad will be ready in 30 minutes. This dish includes carrots, cabbage, iceberg lettuce and leek that you can buy ready-made from the supermarket or prepare at home. The salad also tastes amazing with fried tofu. That means that vegetarians and vegans may enjoy the salmon-free version of the salad as well!
- ¼ cup (30 g) hazelnuts
- 1 avocado
- 1 green onion
- ½ fillet (180 g) salmon (or fried tofu)
- 2 cups (150 g) Asian salad mix with carrot, iceberg lettuce, cabbage and leek
- 0.7 cup (130 g) dry bulgur or quinoa
- 1/4 tbsp. salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. balsamic/rice vinegar
- a pinch of ground pepper
- Place the salmon on a baking tray. Season it with salt and ground pepper and bake for 15 minutes at 392°F (200°C).
- Then cook the bulgur/quinoa in water for about 12 minutes.
- After that, put the sauce ingredients in a bowl, and add the Asian vegetable mix, as well as the chopped avocado, green onions and peanuts.
- At last, place the cooked bulgur or quinoa, and the chopped baked salmon/fried tofu on the top.