Is it possible to get heatless curls overnight with socks? Yes, yes, yes! Beautiful curls can adorn almost any woman. Not everyone knows that you can make curls with the help of something so simple like socks. Heat styling tools require a lot of time to use and can damage the hair. How do you curl your hair overnight without heat? Just follow our step by step guide!
Table of Contents
Heatless Curls Overnight with Socks – Is That Even Possible?
Do heatless curls with socks work? You will be surprised, but yes, this method does work! Why? Many girls share that they prefer this method as it is quite safe for the hair. Why? Because these heatless curls offer a number of advantages compared to other curling techniques.
- This method does not require the purchase of any devices or devices – socks can be found in any house.
- The procedure does not bring any significant discomfort and many girls note that it is much more comfortable to sleep with socks than with curlers.
- The method is inexpensive, but effective.
- Heatless curls with socks do not require a lot of time and effort.
- You can use even heavily worn socks.
- No thermal tools are used so there is no harm to the hair.
- You get voluminous natural curls.
- The method works for medium and long hair.
How Do You Curl Your Hair Overnight without Heat with Socks?
How to curl my hair with socks properly? This is one of the most often asked questions. It is really simple but curling short and long strands differs a bit. This method works better for soft hair. If your strands are thick and strong, then the result might not be what you expect. It is very likely that you will have waves rather than curl, but that’s not too bad either, is it?
Hair of any length should be washed before curling. Do that in the usual way with your favorite shampoo. After that, the washed curls should be slightly dried with a towel. It is not necessary to dry the curls completely. For the curls to turn out beautiful, the hair should be damp but not wet before curling.
You can use foam or gel before curling your hair. In this way the curls will look more structured and will keep their shape for a long time. Girls who want to get softer curls or Hollywood style waves can skip using a fixing product.
Make sure you have enough socks for your hair length. Girls with soft shoulder-length hair will need two pairs of socks. If you have long hair you may need 5-6 pairs.
Choosing proper socks is also important. It is not recommended to use sports socks as they are quite short – to get beautiful curls with their help simply will not work. Long tube socks are the best for the heatless curls. In addition to long socks you will need bobby pins or claw clips to hold down the socks and hair elastics or scrunchies.
Here’s a Step by Step Guide How to Curl Your Hair with Socks
- Wash your hair with shampoo and towel dry it. Optionally, you can let your hair air-dry until slightly damp.
- Prepare 3 pairs of long socks made of natural material.
- Divide your hair into two even sections. Divide each section into 3 equal smaller sections and fix them with rubber bands.
- Attach a sock to the roots of the hair with a claw clip or bobby pins. Wrap each section of hair around the sock. Secure the ends with elastic bands or scrunchies.
- Repeat with the remaining sections of hair.
- Go to bed and in the morning gently remove the socks and release the curls.
- Run your fingers through the curls, fix with hairspray.
More Tips for Heatless Curls Overnight with Socks
Heatless curls overnight with socks can look different. It depends on what type of curls you want and how many sections you want to twist. If you twist thin strands of hair you’ll get small curls, respectively you will need more socks. It you prefer soft waves, you will need to twist larger hair strands on a smaller number of socks.
The method works best on slightly damp hair, but can you do sock curls with wet hair? Yes, you can. However, you need to keep in mind that it will take more time for the hair to try. Just experiment and see what works best for your hair length and thickness.